• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone familiar with this slant back part - Flush Latch 1 Cargo Hatch Humvee Slant Back Latch Handle

Gamble

"This listing is for ONE Flush Latch PN 34-4974-51x NSN 5340-01-259-8600 This is the Latch for the Cargo Hatch on all of the Slant Backs for all of the models of the Humvee that have a Slant Back Roof.

This handle is unique to all others in that it is a locking handle with 2 keys included. No other handles have a keyed lock."

Curious if anyone has any experience with this.

Attachments

Last edited:

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure why you would need a keyed lock there. Mine opens and locks from the inside. Why would you want to open it from the outside? ; it would be tough.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I own a slantback. I bought and installed one. It works fine for easy lockable access from outside the vehicle. You need to purchase or fabricate a backing plate.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I own a slantback. I bought and installed one. It works fine for easy lockable access from outside the vehicle. You need to purchase or fabricate a backing plate.
Tobash
Can you verify that this replaces the front or rear latch? If front, then you have to cut the outer skin.