• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone going to Barstow to inspect?

ClarkeF

Anyone headed to Barstow for inspection soon?

I won a M35A3 and as I'm 400 miles away, I'm hoping that someone can give it the once-over to let me know if I need to trailer it, or can take the chance on a self-recovery. It's my first EUC, so I've got another month plus before I can pick it up.

Regards,

Clarke

DoctorCheney223

Anyone headed to Barstow for inspection soon?

I won a M35A3 and as I'm 400 miles away, I'm hoping that someone can give it the once-over to let me know if I need to trailer it, or can take the chance on a self-recovery. It's my first EUC, so I've got another month plus before I can pick it up.

Regards,

Clarke

Was that the M35A3 that closed on 17 SEP 09? If so, the batteries were dead (enough to hear a click when you flip the switch to RUN" though) and I believe the front driver's tire was flat. Tim over at GL will give it a push start with the forklift if you need.

thanks,
Ron

ClarkeF

Ron,

That's the one. Anyone else know more? Anyone headed to Barstow any time soon? It's 400 miles so I bought sight unseen.

Regards,

Clarke

Was that the M35A3 that closed on 17 SEP 09? If so, the batteries were dead (enough to hear a click when you flip the switch to RUN" though) and I believe the front driver's tire was flat. Tim over at GL will give it a push start with the forklift if you need.

thanks,
Ron

Attachments

Chief_919

thanks,
Ron
Can't push start an A3.

ClarkeF

Thanks for the post - do you recall if there were any flats? Someone else mentioned a flat. As it's an A3, I shouldn't be surprised if there is a flat...

I'm struggling - I want to go recover it in person, but without a good set of eye's on it first, I'm thinking it's probably better to call in a trailer.

Will you be back at Barstow any time soon?

Cheers,

Clarke

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the post - do you recall if there were any flats? Someone else mentioned a flat. As it's an A3, I shouldn't be surprised if there is a flat...

I'm struggling - I want to go recover it in person, but without a good set of eye's on it first, I'm thinking it's probably better to call in a trailer.

Will you be back at Barstow any time soon?

Cheers,

Clarke
100DollarMan was doing Barstow recoveries and storage for a small fee last I heard. He's pretty close by so maybe you should PM him and see what services he offers. When I was at his shop last there was a guy prepping his truck for the trip to Colorado.....................................

ClarkeF

100DollarMan was doing Barstow recoveries and storage for a small fee last I heard. He's pretty close by so maybe you should PM him and see what services he offers. When I was at his shop last there was a guy prepping his truck for the trip to Colorado.....................................
Thanks - I'll ask him.

100dollarman

I am going over to Barstow today to pick up MY M35a3. I was going to take a look at Clark's while I am there, but seems he is MIA? Cant get ahold of him.

Clarke--- call me on my cell if you need me!

760 964 5123

Hundy