• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone got a Deuce Fording Kit for sale?

Outdoorbum

I am looking for a deep water fording kit, I looked on Ebay, Saturn Surplus and Spruce Surplus, and I cannot locate one. Any help would be appreciated.

nickd

how deep do you plan on going? I have been in water up to the bottom of the front fender and over the top of the tires just below the air intake with out any ill effects with out a fording kit.

Outdoorbum

This is just more for extra insurance, the "in case" factor. I do some off roading but I just wanted the be able to enter deep water or "unkknown water depth" locations.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to say it, but your probally going to have to fab one yourself. I can get the NSN and you can do a search but it's going to be tough. I lucked out on the ones for my trucks from a guy who didn't know what he had. They are pretty simple. The most expensive part will be te regulator valve for the bellhousing.

FreightTrain

Banned
Yea,I am the owner of that kit!Everything was intact except for the regulator and the instructions.Both were damaged from water of all things.The regulator is rusted up pretty bad the instructions were barely legable.Everything else was ok.Pretty much the kit consist of a big thick rubber tanker truck discharge hose for the intake,pair of clamps for said hose that attaches to the stack,new shroom,a peice of hose for the Slobber tube that follows the intake(brackets have double humps one for slobber tube one for intake) and ends just inside the shroom,another hose that attaches to the intake of the compressors and hooks to the filter can(thats what that extra pipe that is sticking out is),some air lines,a switch,a regulator,electrical with light,and a fittings for the air supply to pressurize the bell housing.trust me,don't ford without either the plug installed and/or pressurized!Gets expensive!Locked up throwout bearing,burned ears off pressure plate,burned clutch.....

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey FreightTrain, nice to hear from someone who actually has one of the kits installed. So, did you have to source a new regulator to get the kit working right? With it installed, have you tested the 72" capabilities? :D

Blake

Fording kit

I bought my m35a2 fording kit on ebay probably about 4 years ago and it was in Canada. I have yet to finish installing all the "plumbing" but I have it. The external stuff isd on. Anyone out there have the instructions on exactly how the regulator and valve is all hooked up?

FreightTrain

Banned
Pretty much I did a cosmetic install.I need to finish installing it when I finish fixing the truck.Right now all I have installed is the intake pipe.Everything else is in the box.Hope I can find a safe place to test the 72" thing....Would suck to get it stuck that deep with only the stack and intake shroom showing.Atleast it would keep running though.Wish the river was clearer here cause there are many sunken roads from when they built the dams.That would be wild.Drive by someone fishing off a bass boat with nothing but my head and the stacks showing....hee hee hee.

jatonka

I have M35 Reo fording kits for sale. They are intended for the gas trucks of the fifties and very early sixties(The Good Old Days). They are complete in original wooden cases. They are weathered, all metal parts in good shape. PM me for price. Shipping is going to be tough. Pick up would be best. John T

jasonjc

I have some pices of the kit on my M109A3 shop van. The reg and the handle in the cab , not shure what else. I need to look it over better to see how much is there and what is not. I would not think you would want the shop van in water that deep. But you know the Army.

GammaGoatGuy

FreightTrain said:
Yea,I am the owner of that kit!Everything was intact except for the regulator and the instructions.Both were damaged from water of all things.The regulator is rusted up pretty bad the instructions were barely legable.Everything else was ok.Pretty much the kit consist of a big thick rubber tanker truck discharge hose for the intake,pair of clamps for said hose that attaches to the stack,new shroom,a peice of hose for the Slobber tube that follows the intake(brackets have double humps one for slobber tube one for intake) and ends just inside the shroom,another hose that attaches to the intake of the compressors and hooks to the filter can(thats what that extra pipe that is sticking out is),some air lines,a switch,a regulator,electrical with light,and a fittings for the air supply to pressurize the bell housing.trust me,don't ford without either the plug installed and/or pressurized!Gets expensive!Locked up throwout bearing,burned ears off pressure plate,burned clutch.....
Do the fording kits include plumbing to extend the vent plugs of the differentials, etc. and where do they extend to?

FreightTrain

Banned
Don't believe I saw anything listed in the directions or what was left of them.Think the dif Vents only let gasses out not in.....if working correctly.Basically like a PVC valve.

jatonka

I want to restate that my fording kits are for the Reo with a gas engine. I don't know how much of the kit will work on a multifuel except for the air inlet extension tube and bracket for it. The Reo exhaust came out by the right tandem duals and the stack in the kit bolts to the flange at the end of the exhaust pipe. As far as the axle vents, they are a one way vent and in theory won't let water in while fording. In theory. John Tennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks