• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone had any positive outcome from GL after a complaint?

EdMontana

I have seeing a few guys complaining about stuff missing or damaged that happen AFTER auction, did anyone had any sort of refund or replacement after complaining to GL?

Reason that I ask is that I just got a 5 ton truck from Pineville,LA with at least $1,600 in damage and a stolen heater.

I have all documented, photos from before (auction time) and after ( pick up).....heater was complete in the PIC....now is missing.....also, someone crash the truck or back up another one into it....so bad that the radiator was pushed against the fan blades, and some idiot started the truck and you can imagine the rest....yes, was/is a good hi dollar running truck.

Guy that was there was a mil guy name Morgan and acted like mad monkey, my driver said that it was the worst experience in 20 plus recoveries.

I will be making a formal complaint on Monday, I don't care if was the Military or some thief (his soul will burn in H E L L 7 times over) ******IS****** G.L. responsibility for keeping the goods intact as they were at the sales time, they simply did not delivered what I paid for.................. :evil:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Anyone had any positive outcome from GL after a complain

The thing you have going for you in legal terms is the contract says as is and you have proof from the sale photos that the truck got pilfered and damaged after you entered into the contract. Meaning that they should deliver it to you as shown in the photos. If you can get a statement from someone that phyisically veiwed the truck in the previously unpilfered and undamaged state that would be a really good way to force the issue.

The best I have ever gotten from them is the state sales taxes refunded since they took them illegally and the state charged me as they should have. I am still trying to get resolve on the stolen batteries out of my M109.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Anyone had any positive outcome from GL after a complain

I filed a claim once ,after a few e-mails the gave me a credit. M105 with tarp. tarp was missing at pick up.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've submitted complaints before with documentation and they never turn out in my favor. Situations like what you describe here. Clearly things happened after auction end.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the truck was in that bad of a condition at pickup, the driver should have called you imediately and you could have come to some agreement with GL "before" you took possession. Since you had it picked up, your recourse is limited.

Stalled

I,personally am finished with GL.And to think I was considering(our family) a term contract with them send shivers up my spine.I cant get the lots that I paid for,I didnt want scrap metal in trade for my winch that disappeared,nor do I want to trade for a replacement motor for the one gone missing.Shackles stolen,exhaust stack stolen and horn button ass stolen.With travel,sf97s ect,I can buy one off that famous auction site and be finished with it(usually with title) for a few hundred $$ more..Also not guess on its condition ect.Both my dueces sold this weekend(and im 400 miles away).I can go private individual,can hear it run in person and not get (better not type that expletive) stolen from.Buying from a lot,with just pics,no idea on TRUE driveline cond,manifests that mean nothing(to GL),no test drive and the chance that you may become a parts donor while waiting on the EUCs that GL leaves parked in the computer for 10 days by accident.All this is nothing,wait till you hear the changes coming March of 09.Im not going into detail,as the messenger usually is the one that gets beat up .......but I will say the "party is over" so to speak

Stalled

I believe that GL is held to whatever laws (governing auctions ) that that particular state has.Someone may need to do some research into this to see what is there to protect the consumer.

stancanpara

."All this is nothing,wait till you hear the changes coming March of 09.Im not going into detail,as the messenger usually is the one that gets beat up .......but I will say the "party is over" so to speak "

Just curious, what changes do you see coming in March of 09? Are they "Good" for us or the GL?

Stalled

4.5 % mini's on all trucks,bid deposit equal to the 4.5%.They also explained that the consolidation cant take place as quickly as proposed but as I understood,could cause a lot more travel to do pick ups on vehicles.With shipping costs,I dont understand how this could be feasable(bad spelling perhaps) unless storage is that expensive or unavailable.And the confusion on base(think civvy non contractors on base,its a concern of some I was told) with some bidders(not truck,other items) giving the guard a hard time because they couldnt get in without proper i d ?? I witnessed it first hand while waiting in line....surely when someone does the math.....

stancanpara

So, not trying to sound like a moron, but if your info is right, if we want to get something from GL, we had better get it sooner rather than later because it's only going to get worse for us?

I'm just going on the basis my dad taught me that any information is helpful because even the worst case scenario of rumors might come to be...

Any "data" you might come by would be helpful to all of us. Even If it's just rumors, it's better to be prepared and heave a sigh of relief than be completely blindsided..

Just my personal honest opinion...

I personaly GREATLY appreciate ANY heads up info!!!!

Thanks!!

Stan

halftrack

Pineville, LA is the worst ever place as far as stealing goes. It is a NG base and there seems to be no oversight there. Your only about 20th person to complain about Pineville. If I said it once I'll say it again "BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK AT PINEVILLE, LA"

Anything you bid on at Pineville will probably not be the same in the pictures from when you get it. Win I bid there, I expect things to be missing. Its the price of doing buisness there. Good luck with GL in your compliant.

Oh, and by the way its probably the military guys stealing the parts.

FreightTrain

Banned
is GL that big of a bunch of freaking idiots?4.5% of original cost minimum bid plus you have to put a deposite on the trucks equal to the minimum bid?Yea,Like that will really help things out.3000 bucks for a total Pile of crap deuce that has been stripped(and will continue to be stripped because Negligent GL employees allowing anyone to rip parts off any truck.).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks