• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have a M1031 Generator Cover?

MARCO1031

I just bought a very clean M1031 that I plan to set up as a mobile shop. The only problem is the generator cover on the roof is missing. Before I fabricate a new one I was wondering if anyone out there might have one they would be interested in parting with.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your SECM is the same as the M887 bodies. I would also look for Dodge M887 SECMs for that lid. I have one but its on my truck. Your truck should have the V4 gas powered welder/generator. Matter of fact, do a search for Jim Henry on here for his contact info. I know he has one he would sell. He's in Albemarle NC. BTW, eventually my goal is to move my body to a CUCV. Yours looks great....neighbor!

MARCO1031

Generator Cover

Thanks much for the info. Mine does have the Hobart and it is mostly intact. I will need to do some work to get it running but the first task is getting a permanent cover over it. I have located the materials to fabricate a new lid so i may just take a crack at it.

MARCO1031

Thanks again for the suggestions. I managed to scrape together the materials I needed and built a new cover this morning. The next task is doing a good once over on the Hobart to see if I can bring it back to life...I noticed more missing parts today. This could take a while. :|

JerseyMud609

not trying to steal your thread but i just found out what i thought was a m1008 is a m1031 dose any one know where i can get the shack for the back of my truck so i can take that rusty ass bed off

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks