• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have a M66 ring thay would trade?

Crazyguypa

The trailer being worth more than the ring is debateable. I got a M66 ring that I am currently installing on my deuce, but I wouldn't trade it for a M105. I was up at Mechanicsburg a couple of weeks ago and there were about 10-20 M66 rings, complete with some looking pretty new, being shredded. They are being demilled and will not be sold. Even the backrest pads are being shredded.

M105's are a dime a dozen, but M66 rings that are out there are the only ones left and the price for them will only go up. There is a guy on Ebay who is selling them, he's in TX and I think he may only have one or two complete ones left. Shipping will be costly though, all depends on how bad you want one.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Redstone sells 105's for 150 all the time, I'd trade for a 1500$ ring set too, anyone?????:roll:

jwaller

austin aviation has about 5-10 of them on ebay at all times and all prices and conditions. I've bought both of mine from him. always as they are described.

poppop

I have two rings that appear to have never been installed and are in perfect condition but no mounting hardware. I had three and sold one to an SS member for $700.00 and thats what I am asking for the other two. I don't need another trailer. I have one as nice as yours I pd $365.00 for on a GSA sale complete with cover and bows.

Attachments

jime

Duh! :roll: I missed something. Somehow got the impression from the post that there was a 105 gun ring...no wonder I'd never heard of one!...um, I'll just crawl back in my hole and go back to sleep!

Oh, before I do, are there any drawings or diagrams of the legs and supports for the M66? I've got a ring, but nothing to mount it to the deuce with.

Last edited:

Crazyguypa

Got my M66 mounted on Monday night. Didn't take took long to bolt it up, I'd say about an hour. I did have the legs put on a couple days earlier, as I had to remove the convoy light poles to put them on. Still need to modify the hard top for the access hole.

The biggest pain in the a$$ was drilling all the holes for the support plate. Thanks again to DABTL for a top notch product. Fit like a champ.

I'm still debating on whether to just put a soft top on for the summer and parade months, and put the hard top back on for the winter. Finding the hardware for the soft top seems to be little tough though.

The one last thing will be putting on a winch, which I should get in a the next 2 weeks.

Attachments

dabtl

I would have painted the rear of the brace before installing it. Why not do it now?:roll:

Glad to see one installed. First one I have seen.

Maverick1701

I am green with envy...

Also what is the big plate for in the rear of the cab interior? is it the rear of the 66 mount?

Last edited:

Crazyguypa

I would have painted the rear of the brace before installing it. Why not do it now?:roll:

Glad to see one installed. First one I have seen.

gonna have the whole truck blasted and repainted next spring when i save up some funds. Not much rust, and what was there I touched up. No sense spending alot of time repainting just to have it all redone in the spring.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am green with envy...

Also what is the big plate for in the rear of the cab interior? is it the rear of the 66 mount?
Brace attaches to the inside back wall of the cab. Helps to keep the truck from shaking apart. There is a separate thread with photos somewhere. Two vertical legs fastened to the outside back wall of the cab are the rear mounts. TM 9-2320-361-24P (work package 236 and 237) shows an exploded view of the mounts, less the ring.

Last edited: