• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have an M35 in the Sacramento area?

ohsmily

I was hoping someone would be kind enough to "introduce" me to their M35 within an hour of Sacramento. I am very keen on purchasing one sometime in the next year or so and would like to check out one out in person. I'll buy fuel, beer, lunch, whatever for an opportunity to check one out and possibly go for a ride.

You may email me at adam_richards AT sbcglobal.net or you can PM me here on the site.

I live in Davis and work in downtown Sacramento.

Hope to hear from someone! This is an awesome site!

Tlauden

Sorry can't help ya with the deuce tour unless you wanna come to little old Halifax PA.:cookoo:

But welcome to the site! Plenty of reading here to keep ya busy a while. Search for the document here tittled "So you wanna buy a Deuce". [thumbzup]

ohsmily

Thanks for the tip! I will check that out. I am nothing if not thorough before I get into something. I have quite a bit of reading to do.

jtrojan715

come on up

theyre a blast :driver: i just picked one up in the bay area never driven one before. 4 hour recovery with my son both our butts were numb working on getting the plates for it now but when thats done come on up take a ride to the high lakes. im in the hills above chico bout 1 1/2 hours north of sac. i see nor cal convoys in the future

ohsmily

theyre a blast :driver: i just picked one up in the bay area never driven one before. 4 hour recovery with my son both our butts were numb working on getting the plates for it now but when thats done come on up take a ride to the high lakes. im in the hills above chico bout 1 1/2 hours north of sac. i see nor cal convoys in the future
Absolutely! A convoy would be a lot of fun. I look forward to taking one out to camping/shooting trips out to Nevada and or in the local mountains/hills.

Did you guys wear hearing protection when you drove it back from the Bay Area or is the noise not that big of a deal even on a long drive?

jtrojan715

mine is a 53 studebacker was rebuild in 90 as an a2 and they installed a mufler so not to bad. just have to raise youre voice a little to be heard.

pat038536

I'm in Sacramento.. but mine has the front up in the air for an axle reboot/reseal/brake reline. Hopefully I can get everything done in a couple of weeks.

JDToumanian

haven't seen that kind of backup bell in quite a few years.
Thanks! I like those bells, I still remember my disappointment back in the mid-'70s when the garbage trucks first showed up and went 'beep-beep-beep' instead of 'ding-ding-ding'. I hoarded those bells off eBay for a few years (one of my "issues" that the GF tolerates...) but now I have enough to add a new one to any truck I should ever want to add one to. I really can't see doodly-squat when backing up.... I felt the need to do something.

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks