• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone Have Any Details On The Fuel Can Carrier I Just Bought?

ryanruck

More specifically the manufacturer and any pictures of one mounted to a truck. I spent at least 45 minutes trying to find pictures of it but no luck.

At first when I bought it, I thought it might mount on the far driver's side of the bumper where the two closely spaced outer brace bolts are but looking at it more closely the holes are definitely too far apart.

It's obviously not an Ibis Tek carrier. Looks much more like how my Rhino carrier is constructed but Rhino doesn't list one on their site.

I don't have it in hand yet so I've only got the seller's pictures to go on.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600a.jpg s-l1600b.jpg s-l1600c.jpg s-l500e.jpg s-l1600d.jpg

BLK HMMWV

That was the original swing out fuel carrier. It goes with the original swing out tire carrier. It should mount on the left side of the rear bumper using the bolts that also attach the diagonal support brace. Both pre date the Rhino.
I have both the can carrier and tire carrier laying around some place.
I Made a new bracket for my Rhino and made a matching swing out 2 can carrier .
If you have a rhino I don't think that will clear it.

Attachments

Last edited:

ryanruck

That was the original swing out fuel carrier. It goes with the original swing out tire carrier. It should mount on the left side of the rear bumper using the bolts that also attach the diagonal support brace. Both pre date the Rhino.
I have both the can carrier and tire carrier laying around some place.
I Made a new bracket for my Rhino and made a matching swing out 2 can carrier .
If you have a rhino I don't think that will clear it.
Yeah, right after I had just about given up looking and posted this thread, I found these pics.

That tire carrier is definitely offset to the right of where the Rhino has the tire and now I'm wondering about the part in red. It doesn't look like it bolts up to any preexisting holes from the pics at the link since it is located in between the body brackets and diagonal supports. I'm thinking I can mount it further offset than it is mounted in those pics and clear the Rhino.

ETA: Thanks for the pic! That helps a lot. Hopefully I can avoid relocating the Rhino and just moving the can carrier as needed.

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

From what I recall before I found a rhino. Both the tire carrier and fuel can carriers did catch 2 of the brace bolts. Both carriers have 4 slotted holes in them. 2 just catch the bumper and the other 2 catch the bracket and bumper bolts. moving it to the left more will block your tail light. At least that is what I came up with.

ryanruck

From what I recall before I found a rhino. Both the tire carrier and fuel can carriers did catch 2 of the brace bolts. Both carriers have 4 slotted holes in them. 2 just catch the bumper and the other 2 catch the bracket and bumper bolts. moving it to the left more will block your tail light. At least that is what I came up with.
That's what I was also afraid of when I started sizing things up on my truck. I guess once I have it in hand I'll have to see how I want to go forward.

Thanks again!

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats AM general and it fits a bumper that is pre-drilled for it.
Like this one I have.
DSC_000356.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am very interested in how this turns out.

I have 2 left and 2 right fuel/water dual can carriers that appear to be Rhino but when I eyeballed the left it did not seem like it would work with the existing holes or clear the rhino tire carrier. Almost looks like they have to be used without the tire carrier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks