• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have any videos of 900 series trucks mudding?

Hooper

Youtube has surprising little videos of M923's and M925's going through deep mud. Does anyone here have any good videos?

jdknech

well, i would have got some vids of mine in the mud... but i was to busy trying to get it out aua i learned really quick that the 5ton is twice as heavy as the deuce, and sinks twice as fast, and twice as far, and takes twice as long to get out... lol next time i'll get someone to shoot some vids when I'm playing

Hooper

well, i would have got some vids of mine in the mud... but i was to busy trying to get it out aua i learned really quick that the 5ton is twice as heavy as the deuce, and sinks twice as fast, and twice as far, and takes twice as long to get out... lol next time i'll get someone to shoot some vids when I'm playing
Oh, that sucks. The truck I am getting has the 1400x20's, do you think it would go through sand? I thought about adding some bus seats to the back and taking it to a place here in Michigan called Silver Lake.

I just got my gopro camera back from a friend. I plan on putting it on the windshield next time I go out in the woods to play. I wanna try to get a few friends togather do they can take videos from outside of the truck.

jdknech

Oh, that sucks. The truck I am getting has the 1400x20's, do you think it would go through sand? I thought about adding some bus seats to the back and taking it to a place here in Michigan called Silver Lake.
It does ok in mud.. just dont stop.. if you do, your done.. I have never had it in sand, so i cant speak for that... but as far as seats in the back, i would be scared of a lawsuit if someone bumped there head, or if something broke.. plus with these trucks unloaded, there VERY bouncy! i woulnt want to ride in the back off-road.. just my 2cents

Where i live i have alot of sand and let me say it stinks in sand. I had my tires aired down to 35psi an that helped. I bet if i was to go down to 25 it would do even better. The problem is it starts bucking when the tires start spinning and that will give you some serious whiplash. I have found that if you go up a sand dune backwards it does better due to the heavy front end. I have yet to put a load in the back but that would probably help its performance significantly. No mud where I live so no mud videos, sorry.

poorman4x4

Hey poorman4x4, how did you get out of that mudhole and would weight have helped or hindered you?

heres a video on how i got out, (ill see if it works)
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=500429953303066" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

weight though, i dont know ive been in deeper mud than that, as long as i dont get that intermediate axle high centered that truck will go through almost anything including gumbo mud, that video my front driver side tire got stuck in a deep four-wheeler hole

emr

All cool awesome driving and love ed it, just couldn't resist a little fun, Hope you dont mind, i would have run it in there anytime and done it again, just because i was stuck once didnt stop me from driving right back in, i actually got a SNAFU pic in the MV Mag once, My m38, driving with a bunch of guys in the NJ Pine Barrens, Sandy and dry for 5 to 6 hours, in the distance it looked like a big mud hole, i went flying up crashed in water over the hood a good ft high, sputtering and spitting, Got her to back out ,bearly made it, As soon as she smoothed out I put it in first and floored it right back in, Didn't make it out that time, :) ( I was running a 255 buick V6 in her, So we really flew in :) ) Getting stuck is when the men come out and play :) Awesome truck i have one, and wish i could ride with you... All in fun :)

Last edited:

Triple C

poorman4x4: It looked like your front left tire was in a hole nearly to your bumper! That's why I wondered if weight in the back would have helped. Thanks for sharing that, it was quite interesting to see what the truck is capable of.

Hooper

I will try to make one this sunday, the new off road park(red creek nola) at Nola Motor is open to trucks this sunday.

Sweet. I would love to get an idea of what these trucks can do before I get myself in over my head. Unfortunately, I don't know of other fellow military truck owners near so going solo I need to be careful.

Hooper

It does ok in mud.. just dont stop.. if you do, your done.. I have never had it in sand, so i cant speak for that... but as far as seats in the back, i would be scared of a lawsuit if someone bumped there head, or if something broke.. plus with these trucks unloaded, there VERY bouncy! i woulnt want to ride in the back off-road.. just my 2cents
Not to fear, I am king of over engineering. According to Silver Lake park employees, all added seats need safety belts and there must be a roll bar behind the last persons head. I will be putting a roll bar front and rear. I wanted to add seats for the adults that end up riding with the kids. The kids love it but the adults not so much.