• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have experience with these gensets?(Pow'r Gard / wisconsin Robin Diesel)

I picked three of these up at Fort Dix while I was out that way today. Look like decent units. Haven't tried them yet. I need to get batteries for them, perform some maintenance, and fire them up!Gen2.jpgGen4.jpgGen5.jpg Gen3.jpgGen1.jpg

They are about 150lbs +\-

Can't wait to try the electric start! Small units, but they should work well to help light our firearms range, or for other small emergencies.

They were requisitioned for use by another Government agency, so the cost was $0.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one, but sold it before i got it running. They are very noisy due to a high run rate of 3600 RPM. All of the engine parts are still available new from Robin / Subaru. Do you have a manual? If you don't I can send you one on CD if you PM your address. The alternator is made by Baldor. Baldor also sells a wheel kit for the genset and other parts, such as fuel tank, etc. come from Baldor.

Reactions: 187

ETN550

I have had 5 of these units. They are pretty light duty. I have had a custormer fail 2 stators and I have failed one stator. The engine runs a little on the dirty side but is quiet compared to the Yanmars and it is very well balanced and smooth. Diesel fuel conditioner helps it run better. Weight is around 200lbs. 2500 watts is a decent load for them. I still have a ton of parts if you need anything.

I got two of them running today. One is running really well. The second ran for a while and then quit. No fuel is getting to the filter after about 5 minutes of fuel flowing fine. The fuel hose is clear. I think the shut off valve on the bottom of the fuel tank is clogged.....probably from some junk in the tank. When I pop the fuel line off of the valve (with the valve set to "on") no fuel comes out. I will get that apart and clean it out.

#3 is being stubborn ad almost wants to start. Another project for tomorrow :)

ETN550.... Thanks I will let you know what I need.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Odd as it may seem, I ended up with GLCaines genset. Not 2 hours ago I started it for the first time. Search Steel Soldiers for 30D36R and you will get quite a few hits on them. Gary (glcaines) and neilhendrix have done quite a bit of research on them and scared up manuals and parts sources for them.

I got all three running like a top! All load tested and good. Pretty neat little units. I only need a few feet of 1/4" fuel lines to make them almost perfect, and learn how to prime them. One had a badly clogged fuel valve at the bottom of the gas tank.

Thanks for the help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks