• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have pictures of...

CSX90

Just wondering if anyone here has painted or has pictures of a Matte black deuce. The stealth color, like a light flat black I guess you can call it.. debating on that color for my truck. Not sure yet.. thanks!

WyoDeuce

Be careful with which paint you use. I painted my snowmobile trailer with some leftover flat black from a derby car. It looked cool when I did it. It has faded badly and is a lousy dark grey now. I need to repaint it , it looks terrible. It would be even worse on a large surface like a deuce.

roscoe

Just my opinion. I think the whole truck in flat black dosen't look that good. I think its because it is such a large area. I would go with a two tone color scheme using flat black as the primary. It could be a pretty suttle difference. Flat black looks good on motorcycles but its a small area and typically with some brushed metal accents.

pjpiche1

as a matter of fact, I am painting one like that. I am in the process of reassembling the truck right now. pm me later on to remind me to post a picture.

JAYHAWK 1962

Is that rattle can chrome on the rims stack bumper & mirrors? seems that would be an awfully expensive enterprise to have that done at a shop. but looks too good for a spray can.

Last edited:

CSX90

Thanks for the pictures. I saw some of those gloss black ones and it just doesent seem right...

Im thinking more of a color like this
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2008/12/Matte-Black-Rolls-Royce-Phantom.jpg

I know its a car and the like.. but the color is what Im after really..

Had a couple reasons for this.

The high temp paint I used on exhaust parts has this sort of finish, and the paint is really durable. Dries incredibly fast (doesent cure fast but dries fast so no running of course..) and has that OD Green like finish.. no reflecting, just sucking in the light and not letting it out per say. Seems almost like a tactical black?

http://img30.picoodle.com/img/img30/4/1/14/f_blackm_0677ee8.jpg (one more)

jblack6527

I had my old chevy painted that flat black color, make sure that is actually a matte paint, not a primer, or it will fade.
Here is a pic of my truck, the guy at the paint shop called it sealer...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks