• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have the M923 interior bed dimensions memorized

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
36 - 24 - 36

unless you have the side racks then it's

42 - 24 - 36

That's a heck of a side rack.

Obviously I'm joking but I was looking for the internal width myself and having a heck of a time finding it on the internet and on here it's not coming up either. With the side racks, I think it would reduce it a few inches.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks. I'm making some crates so I'm gonna need to be exact. I am heading over in a few hours to crawl up inside one to take the measurements. I should have an answer to this for the bed and the bed with side racks.

Once I get them I'll post it via a separate message and ask that the thread be put in the sticky section.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the measurements with your phone!

Last edited:

DemBones

**** it! I have googled this atleast 3 times over the years, and this is the top level search result that comes up.. it really sucks when people dont come back to post with the answer.
The next time I am out at my truck I will measure this and come back and post information to the posterity of humanity.

I got a 1100gal water tank, Honda gas water pump and 100 f of fire hose. going to build a pallet to mount it all on, that i can load in the back of my m923a2 for watering around the farm.

DemBones

pork that is really not helpful and also wrong, it may have been better to post nothing at all.
how would you know to search the forum if you have never used this site? and if you are out figuring and need to know the size again most people are going to do a google search.

as for the correct size.
m923A2 bed dimensions
sides up = 88 1/8 in.
sides down 92 1/8 in. to edge of sheet metal, the bed frame is about 1/4 wider below sheet metal top on both sides.
bed length = 187 7/8 in.
the tail gate does not change the size, it does not sit over the bed the way the sides do, but rather is hinged pasted the end.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
pork that is really not helpful and also wrong, it may have been better to post nothing at all.
how would you know to search the forum if you have never used this site? and if you are out figuring and need to know the size again most people are going to do a google search.

as for the correct size.
m923A2 bed dimensions
sides up = 88 1/8 in.
sides down 92 1/8 in. to edge of sheet metal, the bed frame is about 1/4 wider below sheet metal top on both sides.
bed length = 187 7/8 in.
the tail gate does not change the size, it does not sit over the bed the way the sides do, but rather is hinged pasted the end.
Well it looks like you need to get a moderator to make a new sticky , but most likely the next guy to measure it will come up with something different too.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...as for the correct size.
m923A2 bed dimensions
sides up = 88 1/8 in.
bed length = 187 7/8 in.
Make sure you use the same tape measure when building your tank. The measurements in the sticky are several feet closer to being “correct” +/- 1/2”...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you use the same tape measure when building your tank. The measurements in the sticky are several feet closer to being “correct” +/- 1/2”...
Yep , his 187 7/8 measurement would make a 14 foot bed, 15 and a half feet long . He must be using a harbor Freight tape measure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks