• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone here ever removed this thing?

swindad2

It's not a big deal, but I would like to remove this ugly bracket to clean up the look of the passenger door. Anyone here done it? Any suggestions or problems encountered? I'm sure I will have to replace it with some flat stock, as the door is cut around it. Not really even sure what it is.
20140704_092222.jpg20140704_092247.jpg20140704_092258.jpg20140704_092331.jpg

swindad2

Thanks! I guess it will stay then. It will be a good conversation piece anyway. I assumed it was something to do with the old non turbo exhaust, or maybe an antennae mount. Hmm, might be a hard top with gun ring in it's future. Love the avatar by the way.

swindad2

Okay. This has me thinking now. If my truck had the gun mounted, shouldn't the cab support plates be in there? They are absent in my truck.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And if it is removed, there is a big gap between the door and body.

machinist75

Thanks! I guess it will stay then. It will be a good conversation piece anyway. I assumed it was something to do with the old non turbo exhaust, or maybe an antennae mount. Hmm, might be a hard top with gun ring in it's future. Love the avatar by the way.
Thanks, can't wait for the new episodes to start back up.

FloridaAKM

Most everything on the Deuce is purpose built in for use or adaptation. To make my ugly bracket, pretty; I would add the M-66 gun ring to it & smile all the while. The guys @ work want to know, when I am going to war. I tell them to start worrying, when the gun ring shows up on the top of the truck! :twisted: :beer:

renodogs

Most everything on the Deuce is purpose built in for use or adaptation. To make my ugly bracket, pretty; I would add the M-66 gun ring to it & smile all the while. The guys @ work want to know, when I am going to war. I tell them to start worrying, when the gun ring shows up on the top of the truck! :twisted: :beer:
Let'm know that their wife told you she thinks your truck is sexy. Then make a trip by his house every night for a week. Maybe they'll get the hint.

welldigger

All you need is a piece of small angle iron to fill the gap. I have mine off right now and I'm contemplating doing just that.

FloridaAKM

More than you think of the Lady folks like the truck right off the get go. Even when I went to register it, the women behind the counters had to stop & go look @ it. The all agreeded that it was an ulitmate guy toy!
Let'm know that their wife told you she thinks your truck is sexy. Then make a trip by his house every night for a week. Maybe they'll get the hint.

pigpen60

Unknown bracket

I was out looking over my kingdom and noticed a bracket on the passenger side door hinge area of my m35a2c.
100_1099.jpg. Any idea what its for? Looks like a pipe or tube goes in it?
100_1100.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks