• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone here win 5114 5851 an M1009 in Richmond VA?

HeadWizard

Now that the auction is closed, I can talk about this auction.

Closed last Friday, 4/1/10, sale 5114, lot 5851 in Richmond, VA.

I won this Blazer in a prior sale. When I went to pick it up and tried to start it, it cranked over less than 1 revolution and the engine went BANG... and wouldn't turn over any more. I really hate to bring up this unpleasantness, but it's better to know what you are going to find when you get there and be prepared than to get a surprise. GL then damaged the steering linkage and I filed a claim to void the sale.

With the prohibition of discussing future or ongoing auctions, I couldn't post this before. Maybe it'll be OK, but it sure sounded / acted like a hydrolocked motor that broke a rod to me.

Sorry. :-(

zyrtecx

I was going to bid... But I held off as well! I just hear to many bad things about Richmond... Maybe GL will get the message and clean up there act at Richmond...

HeadWizard

I was going to bid... But I held off as well! I just hear to many bad things about Richmond... Maybe GL will get the message and clean up there act at Richmond...
I don't think Richmond, in general, is a problem. I've had some very good experiences there - mostly in the past.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks