• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in Indiana own and drive a 5-ton

millfire517

I have some questions I would like to ask about residents of Indiana who own and drive 5-ton trucks. I have tried the search function but still have some remaing questions I would like to get answered before I jump into owning a 5-ton. You can send me a message or reply to this thread and any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys

monkster

I have 5 both 800s and 900s. My avtar shows our shop (crash) truck we take to the for repairs and maintaince. I also have a 923 for sale. We have been runing these trucks, at least the first one for almost 5 years.

millfire517

How do you have your truck registered? and how much does it usually cost. I really want to buy a 5-ton but don't want to go the way of collector/antique. I want to be able to drive it when I want to and not be worried about limitations or b.s. like that.

monkster

Indiana titled. Plated it in the 20k range, get a DOT physical and maintain that every two years. It is a private vehicle used for private (not for hire) and good to go. The deal is that, first the truck is over 16K and while it could be argued the 800 series truck being hydraulic over air is not air brakes it goes back to weight. Private individuals, all be it farmers like me are excepted from commercial regs, the kicker is, and I have neighbor who have been pulled over w/o a CDL but no DOT physical got a ticket.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Millfire give me a call. I'll set you straight on indot law's. According to the information officer I talked to if you plate your five ton as a historical vehicle as long as ur not making any money off of it which means you can't haul anything for money or enter in any car shows that would possible allow you to win money then your fine running historical plates on a five ton in the state of Indiana.

Last edited:

millfire517

Millfire give me a call. I'll set you straight on indot law's. According to the information officer I talked to if you plate your five ton as a historical vehicle as long as ur not making any money off of it which means you can't haul anything for money or enter in any car shows that would possible allow you to win money then your fine running historical plates on a five ton in the state of Indiana.
When would be a good time to call you? I tried to send you a pm cause I know you have a 5-ton but your inbox was full. lol

jdknech

I have some questions I would like to ask about residents of Indiana who own and drive 5-ton trucks. I have tried the search function but still have some remaing questions I would like to get answered before I jump into owning a 5-ton. You can send me a message or reply to this thread and any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys
PM sent

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks