• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in Lehigh Valley Pa? Who pays some1 to work on their Deuce?

alfred10

Who pays someone to work on their Deuce? I want one really bad but am affraid I wont be able to maintain it as I have no tools or experiance. Is it common to have one that a mechanic maintains?

Anywhere resonable in Pa that works on them?

Srjeeper

Honestly.........

This question has come up before and my advice is call some of the local truck repair garages in the Lehigh Valley and ask what their 'Hourly Rate' is.

When you hear that number, you'll then be able to decide if it's afforadable for you or not. Keep in mind that no tow company will even start one of their wreckers for under $150.00 to come pick your truck up should you need it towed.

Best thing to do is start out with a smaller vehicle that you can work on, then move up to a larger vehicle if this is your passion.

whyme

most truck shops could do it. id hate to imagine the cost of labor. id look for a reputable truck/diesel shop and go from there. also another suggestion would be to call around to the surplus suppliers of parts for the M35 and ask. i was really surprised how many places down there deal with parts the trucks. did a lot of calling around when mine was down there.

RAYZER

first, buy a deuce, then buy a parts deuce, then buy some tools! then just swap parts that go bad! these things are really easy to work on!
:driver:

alfred10

most truck shops could do it. id hate to imagine the cost of labor. id look for a reputable truck/diesel shop and go from there. also another suggestion would be to call around to the surplus suppliers of parts for the M35 and ask. i was really surprised how many places down there deal with parts the trucks. did a lot of calling around when mine was down there.
DO you remember any of the good places that you talked to? On a side note, can I drive anything larger than a Deuce with a regular NON CDL drive license. I allways wanted a 5 or 10 ton but not sure if I would be able to drive one with a regular license.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks