• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone in NW Washington State able to possibly help with a rig move in August?

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Due to possible brake problems that would make a drive unsafe from Sumas to Sedro Woolley, I am checking early if there are any members here who have the equipment to tow my M54A2 down highway 9 on a day in August? Hopefully brakes will be ok in the end without major work but if they require the entire system to be flushed and refilled, I would rather have the truck towed and do the work in my own shop.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
also seeking shipping of a complete 14' troop bed from Billings, MT area to Sedro Woolley at any time. Bed is ready to be loaded on a trailer.

ABN173

PM sent, I just PCS'd to FT Bragg, NC so I'm not able to assist, however I know most of the guys in the area that could help you. -Dale

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would make it a commercial operation since you'd be paying someone. Just saying . . . :wink:
Well being a new guy here I wanted to make sure I was not asking for anything too much from other members...I know a lot of diesel would be expended on any such mission and I fully expect to compensate accordingly any and all such costs if I have to go the route of a tow. I am still holding out hope for being able to bleed the air from the brake system and overhauling in place will not be needed.

Stalwart

I've done it with a Deuce and the other guy paid for fuel and he and I traded hours of labor, thus avoiding the "commercial" problems. I hauled his vehicle, he helped me with moving tank parts. Although I COULD tow an M54, I have a very busy August ahead of me and the trailer has a 14,000 load on it at the moment. The best idea, and the one I have personally used is a commercial wrecker. Safe, quick and only marginally expensive.

Attachments

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happy to report the M54 made the delivery from Sumas to Sedro Woolley yesterday without incident or problem so this request is happily cancelled although I still am looking for transport of a 14' bed from Billings, MT to anywhere in Western WA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks