• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in the Atlanta area have a 5 ton wheel/tire?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm looking at picking up a 5 ton truck in north east georgia, but it has one bad tire. I'm probably going to switch out the tires on the truck anyhow. But I wondered if anyone had a 5 ton wheel/tire (11.00) that I could rent/borrow/buy?

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got 10 or so on rims, mostly bald, but would get you home. Problem is they are in SC. I'm hoping to head to Clinto's this Sunday to drop off a couple of trucks, so I could bring you one. You can have it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That might work out. The truck I'm looking at is in Winder. So I could run over to Clinto's, let me nail down things a little more.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cookout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! W00t!!!!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh boy, that just might work! The one deuce I have to deliver has no bed, I could put it on that one and strap it down...

Clint, you up for all this? We would have to get the 5th wheel off your truck Tim and slide the bed on it.

I'll have to get with Blythwood Joe and make sure I can get Dawn's steering boxless one and see what he wants for/even has a bed ready to go.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have to talk to my boss tomorrow-we are in the process of moving from one building to another and we were supposed to be out of the old building by the 30th.

Of December. 2010

It's now the middle of January. 2011.

So we're screwed (through no fault of mine, mind you).

We should have been done by now. I managed to work over 40 hours last weekend.

Right now? I am guessing I am going to have to work all weekend.

But I will verify tomorrow.

You guys looking for Saturday or Sunday silliness?

C

Makincold

Then Sunday is what I'll see about for my support crew
Hey Clinto... Mind if I invire myself over? You need to see my M818 anyway :-D
Even if we cant work it out this weekend maybe we can still make the plan work another time?

My apologies to "patracy" Didnt mean to hijack your thread. I will have (2) 5 ton tires/wheels avaliable to borrow in 4 or 5 weeks on a trade I have worked out, there all yours to borrow if they fit in your time frame ?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No worries. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics on everything. I'm thinking about heading up there today or tomorrow and viewing the truck/buying. Clinto was kind enough to offer to store it at his place if I did buy it until I can get a friend with CDL's up there to drive it back home. I'm still working out all the details on things. The spare tires might not be that bad of an issue. The seller offered to pull the two fronts off and throw on two from the rear.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ferro, I thought last night in chat you were from VA for some reason. Didn't realize you're in SC. Let me know about that crane when you can.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a shame the 814 is down- You could slide the deuce bed in, and not touch the ends.........

Makincold

Wow, I've just been included in "that crowd" not sure if I should jump for joy or be insulted???

What does the 5th wheel asssembly on a M818 weigh ? Need to know if I have something to pick it up?