• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in the Atlanta area have a 5 ton wheel/tire?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well it looks like I'm still shopping for a 5 ton. I looked this one near Clint and it's rough. It isn't a 814 like I thought, but some hacked up framed jobber. I offered him 1500, but he declined. It honestly needs more work than I want to put in one.

3dAngus

Well it looks like I'm still shopping for a 5 ton. I looked this one near Clint and it's rough. It isn't a 814 like I thought, but some hacked up framed jobber. I offered him 1500, but he declined. It honestly needs more work than I want to put in one.
That's too bad. And I thought you might get a chance to try out that new hoist.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well, it's all for naught, as I can not get from work this weekend. We are under an extreme deadline and if I proclaim my freedom, I will more likely than not get introduced to the unemployment line.

Next Sunday?

Yes, I have an engine hoist and an a-frame hoist; although the a-frame needs to be assembled (the cross bar is too heavy for me alone).

You guys wanna cook out? Maybe GoldComet6 could come up here too.

That crowd is going to need some adult supervision.....I hope Dawn is at Clinto's LZ.
I am an adult-I supervise things all the time.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What you need is a wrecker......yea....a big wrecker....with a boom and winches.....kind of like....a M816.
I decided I need a DUKW first..... and maybe another Mopar.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call coming Tim. Sorry it took me awhile to get back online. Well dang, I just hooked up the two deuces and I was going to call Blythwood joe about getting the steering boxless one tomorrow.