• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone interested in a Florida 2021 rally?

Bobweb

Well, do any of the north Florida guys know any spots? I’m not too familiar with the area. I am currently doing a fuel tank clean so deuce is out of commission for now but should be back in action soon.

MTVR

sure man, if you know of a spot. I’m game.
We're in central Texas, and have never been there, but it would be easier for us to reach than Key West.

We've seen the beautiful pictures of the beaches and ocean. I've got a buddy in our Porsche club that sells boats in Destin, and he keeps telling us how beautiful it is and that we should come down.

I know that it's legal to drive on the beach there, but is it legal to camp on the beach in Florida?

Bobweb

Not that I know of. Maybe a camp ground right off the beach. They’ve gotten much more strict with what you can/can’t do on the beaches here. When my dad came to Naples in 61’, he could shoot guns and drag race sand rails while the sheriff was hanging out with them. Different times back then.

anyways, I’ll keep checking on some
Spots, gonna be working on my fuel tank tomorrow and hopefully have IRMA up and running soon

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me think about the North Florida question a bit. What are the usual activities at a rally? What amenities are needed? I've never been to one.

Bobweb

We need a place that is vehicle friendly. Where I work in the picayune, they only allow you to go down certain trails that are usually quite boring....(no mud). This is available there you just have to avoid the FWC.

Also for people out of town, we probably need a campground/field big enough to house us and the trucks.

other than that, a cooler full of beer and some cheeseburgers.

note: I’ve never done a rally before either but I have done so large scale camping trips/parties so I can’t image it to be too tough aside from location and logistics

the Ocala National Forest is huge and ive heard you can ride around a ton of places there. If someone has been there please comment.

rob

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have Iron Horse mud ranch here. Not sure what they charge or if the facility is available. There is nothing else here that would meet the requirements.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if we pooled our money and bought maybe 1000 acres of land then it would be ours. Now we start the church of the " Latter Day OD Iron" we can be nonprofit and beer is the choice for communion. That or we can all dress up as Pirates and become Pastafarians.

Bobweb

I checked out iron horse. Seems like a decent choice. My friends go up to river ranch all the time and say it’s pretty much anything goes. You can ride all night and bog as hard as you can handle. It stays very wet there from what I’ve heard. Only problem is you have to own a lease there which is 700$ to buy in.

I like floridianson’s idea! That way they can’t mess with us. What’s a thousand acres of swampland run these days....does it come with our own EPA rep to tell us all the stuff we can’t do on our own property!?

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will try and get in touch with the owners here and see if the place is available, and if so, how much they would charge us.

Sully LMTV

I'm in the Destin area and will look into what is available. We are land locked down here by Eglin AFB. Eglin's reservation is available for outdoor activities (hunting, fishing, camping...) and is pro outdoors. A reservation pass is required because of the UXO (unexploded ordinance) hazards possible in the area. I believe the 30 min or so familiarization video is now available online and a pass can be issued to all who apply. Jackson Guard is the group who manages the reservation and issues the passes.
I am familiar with the range as our company conducts UAV flight operations regularly on the range and have been doing so for the past 10 years.

The Emerald Coast is a beautiful area.

east_of_300.PNG
Pic taken in late 2017, looking east toward Destin. Location is ~5miles SE of Hurlburt.

Eglin_Area.PNG

Jackson Guard website:

Sully

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks