• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone interested in an M108?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a deal cooking for an M108 located here in FL, NE to be exact. I can swap for this rare truck but I need 2 prs of deuce axles. I don't need the truck but just can't stand to see it chipped for axles. Anyone want to try to save this thing? I have access to one rear here.

Alredneck

Banned
Would you need 2ea fronts, and 2ea rears or 4ea rears? Hmmmm Pics would be mighty handy! What kinda deadline do you have?

Crash_AF

How bad off is it? Is it restorable or just a donor?

I'll second the question of type and quantity of axles required as your message was a bit vague.

Later,
Joe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't offer pics of a truck I can't see, sorry. What I wrote was "2 prs of deuce axles." When I originally spoke to this guy he wanted 4 prs of axles (pr= 1 fr and 1 rr). He called yesterday and we came to the conclusion he would probably take 2 prs (pr= 1 fr and 1 rr). I already have one M108 and might get shot if I bring another one home. Here is the classified ad for the truck and perhaps anyone interested can contact him. I wouldn't waste my time with a PM, he doesn't read the forum.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PN_zClassifieds&file=detail&cat=5&de=1456

USMC6062

I helped Ted (the guy that owns it) move the truck over to his shop today and I took some pics. He said something needs to happen with it within the next two weeks because he's going to be getting yelled at by the landlord for it sitting there. I can tell you the sheet metal is pretty much no good, the rest of it appears to be in good shape. For someone trying to restore one of these all ready or someone wanting to convert their truck into a wrecker, I think it would be a good parts source. If someone doesn't buy it within two weeks he's going to cut the axles out and sell the rest for scrap. He said he may be interested in selling parts off of it, but it can't set where its at for long. He just wants axles, he wants two fronts and four rears in trade for the truck as it sits. I hate to see it scrapped and he does to, but something needs to happen. Call 904-825-2114 for any questions on buying it. I'll try and answer any questions I can about the truck itself if I know the answer.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Me too!!! I would think OD iron could save the crane and the PTO and the back deck for some around the shop use?? Or Florida rally recovery? The crane looks good in the pics.. Some one save that thing !!!! Stretch could use some parts off that....

USMC6062

I don't know, he just told me what he would trade for. The number I posted is his shop number, just call him tomorrow. His hours are 9:00 to 6:00 I believe.

Bill W

Dang
I hope it sells before I go to St Augustine for vacation on July 9th or my wifes gonna be really pissed!!!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OP, contact David Cartlege (info on MVPA club contact for South Carolina), he has a complete set of axles pulled from a deuce. I'm not sure what he was planning to do with them. Rest of that truck went to the scrap yard (after all usable parts were stripped off).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks