• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone interested in an M108?

devilman96

Kenny... I hate you I hate you I hate you!!!! You know better! Im to dumb to stop myself!!!

So... When I get done making 50 phone calls to find axles... When we gonna recover this? rofl

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wheelbase is the same, frames are different but could modify. There's another in FL for 2500$ too. :wink:

citizensoldier

devilman96 said:
Kenny... I hate you I hate you I hate you!!!! You know better! Im to dumb to stop myself!!!

So... When I get done making 50 phone calls to find axles... When we gonna recover this? rofl
I hope you get it Mike.. I can see it now with some custom OD Iron rims , Michelin meats, air conditioning , crystal ball dance light to hang from the boom, and a hopped up LDS 465- 1A with 10" exhaust stacks and supercharger!
Your the first person I thought of when I saw it..

devilman96 said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO after a hr half on the phone with you.. when we gotta get you set up to get your truck :D ......... I know you still hate Kenny lol.. but you just want that dang truck so bad

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm, sounds like some plans have been put in motion. I guess I'll have to dust off the towbar and juice up the dropside. Too bad the tractor is gone, I'd piggyback it home.

devilman96

Who needs enemies when I have you guys you encourage my spending habbits!!!

*sigh*... tempting.. tempting.. tempting...

Anyone think my dad would miss his deuce if I cut it up for axles, replacment sheetmetal motor swap and the likes? *evil grin*

USMC6062

Just a heads up, if your gonna flat tow it, you'll need to put some shackle mounts back on the frame to hook the tow bar up to. Also you may want to bring a pto cover for the trans. I bought the winch setup off of it, that's why that stuff is missing. I don't know what your plans are for it, but if you really want the original gasser winch parts back, I would swap them for a complete multifuel winch setup. I just want a winch setup to put on my truck, but I know some people like having all the original parts that came off of something when restoring it. If not I'll at least swap the gasser driveshaft and yokes for a multifuel shaft and yokes if anyone is looking for one. Glad to see it look like someone is gonna save this thing. By the way that thing is one heavy Mo Fo, I had to run each gear to redline to be able to keep climbing in the next, then I was only able to make it to 4th with my foot to the floor. A couple of the tires were a little low, but either way it was a load.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm no stranger to moving M108s and if Mike gets it, I'll be the one moving it. This is how I got mine home, 340 miles from Lake City.

Attachments

USMC6062

Kenny, I knew you moved one before, I saw your post on it. I just wanted to let you know, so that you didn't drive up here and not be able to hook the tow bar up, and to bring a pto cover to keep dirt out of the transmission. Alex

USMC6062

I just talked to Ted a minute ago, and he said that he would take $2800 cash for the truck, no less. He said right now he would rather have the cash than the axles. You got till next weekend, then he's gonna start scrapping it. One guy stopped and looked at it, but didn't know how he would get it home. I might be willing to tow it for someone at a fair price, as long as they aren't too far away.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It pains me that I don't have the cash to save this truck. I'm expecting a large pension disbursement check but can't promise a date to pay. CRAP!

USMC6062

I hope someone will. Ted told me a guy named Ron stopped by and said he wanted it, but didn't know how he would get it to Dixie county. It might be a bad idea for me to get involved in towing it for someone. I would hate to have to deal with something going wrong on the truck trying to get it where it needs to go, blowing a tire, wheel bearings overheating, who knows? What happened to OD Iron, I thought he was interested in buying it?