• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone interested in heavier duty hydraulic head button retaining clips?

DavidWymore

Seems that the clips falling off or breaking is pretty common. I run a machine and welding shop and have access to waterjet cutting and heat treating facilities. I could get some clips engineered (probably slightly thicker spring steel), cut, formed and heat treated for a few bucks a piece I think, if I can get enough people interested.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I sent one of the NIB clips to someone on this site to make some. Maybe you should wait to see if he posts up.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the plunger's end where the clip is placed was back-cut a little then if the
clip came a little loose it wouldn't easily come off.

Seems that the clips falling off or breaking is pretty common. I run a machine and welding shop and have access to waterjet cutting and heat treating facilities. I could get some clips engineered (probably slightly thicker spring steel), cut, formed and heat treated for a few bucks a piece I think, if I can get enough people interested.

rustystud

Hey David. Why don't you work up an estimate for all of us, to see how much demand there would be ? I know I would like to get at least 3 for myself. You can never have to many spares ! Remember two is one, and one is none .

red

where does it go and what does it do? i would be interested if it works on mine.
If you look at your fuel injection pump there is the hydraulic head, where all the high pressure fuel lines run out to the injectors. If you pull that head off there is a plunger attached to it. A small metal 'button' is clipped to that plunger. The stock retaining clip is known to fall off, letting the button slide off of the plunger, resulting in no fuel flowing to the injectors.

He's proposing a stronger retaining clip, to fix the issue

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks