• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone know 6.2's ?

68impalass

got a funny ticking noise in my 1009. under light load it sounds like a ticking exhaust manifold leak but its not. Under highway speeds it quiets down. IP timing is right on the money, all cylinders fire. IP is only less than a year old. Any ideas?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May not be it, but check and make sure your air filter housing is tight. They are known to cause stange noises. Along with the throttle cable. It shouh clip to the side of the housing.

JAsher45

check your CDR valve.. if the rubber has worn out in it that will also make it ticking noise like that. does it make this noise at idle or only when driving... if it does not make the noise in park you can almost rule out engine and search else where... if it makes it at idle paked just get out the long screw driver and pin point it

burbn10

I have a similar thread going with no luck on this noise too. My injection pump is 25 years old, but does the same thing. Especially during cornering from a stop. Somebody suggested it could be an injector line touching something like the firewall, which would make a similar noise, but I haven't found anything touching yet.

scoutdoors1000

I have a clicking noise that is not present at idle and is present under motion. Mine has a squeak assoaciated with it and is the spedo cable. I just need someone to inject some grease into the cable but have been too lazy to do so. Just another potential source