• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone know about the 1961e1???

joeypushjr1

hey im looking into buying the xm 1961 e1 flatbed .. i know itll hold 5ton but my intents are to haul my 1009 on and any other car,truck if need be i just dont know about the height does any one know if itd be to top heavy or what ever .. if anyone knows .... thanx.... if i cant find an info more on if id be a wise idea i may have to go with a cicv one and make the pintle work cause im not instlling a hitch on my 35.....thanx joe

M1075

The 5 ton flatbed trailers are not going to be suitable as a car hauler. Too heavy and too high (like most military trailers). You probably should be looking for a civilian car hauler trailer.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree - I bought my old XM1061E1 because I was going to use it with my jeep, which is only 4 feet off the deck. It would be overkill even then. A M1009 would be pretty high, and the deuce will not have a fun time at towing it with the weight - a 5 ton would be better.

Not saying it can't be done. Just not as practical as a regular car hauler.

M1075

i thought that but i wsnt fimiluar with that trailor and i kinda thought it would be way to top heavy woce i put a truck on it ....thanx dude
The issue is not that it would be top heavy. The deck height will cause serious challenges in getting vehicles loaded and unloaded. The trailer is overkill for the deuce (or the car you load on it).

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deck height is 37 inches, which is a lot lower than the deuce, but high for a car trailer, and perfect for a tall dude like myself.

Dennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks