• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know how to determine what model brush guard is standard on a M1123

Wire Fox

Your topic yesterday at least had a question mark at the end of the sentence. The answer is in TM 9-2320-280-24P, Vol 2. I searched "brushguard" and it showed me two brushguards: one for basic and A1 vehicles, and one for A2 vehicles. If you were to find the entire kit, this is the PN: 57K3490. There is actually a third brushguard out there: the Luverne brushguards, which is what came on my 1994 A1 HMMWV, which is built to be extremely strong (and heavy). (Not mentioning several H1 bumper/brushguard designs that exist, but were not used by military-or designs that are integral to the bumper itself.)

I've attached the drawing of the A2 brushguard below.

A2 Brushguard.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
Look at the NSN on your truck data plate. Then look at the cover of the -24 parts TM. Find the NSN on the cover of the TM, next to the truck model. There should be a code next to the truck model number. Then go to to parts TM, look for the heading Useable On Code. Find the NSN,truck model number or the code from the TM cover. Next to it will be a UOC, ("Useable On Code) normally 3-4 letters. That code will be listed next to any part that is SPECIFIC, to your truck model. Then look up the brush guard. If a part has your UOC listed next to it, then thats what should be on your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks