• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know if I can legally sell a Deuce to a canadian?

dma251

I had an inquiry recently from a guy in BC about possibly buying my Deuce. I have a clear Washington State title, but I recall the previous owner talking about end-use documents, etc. It wasn't really any concern to me, as a US citizen.

I doubt I am going to sell it to the canadian, but it got me thinking just the same about the issue.

He told me that Canada has quite a process of vehicle and document inspection that seemed to me to make it quite prohibitive to even bother with trying to get one of these up there. Especially when there are Deuce's up there to buy. I think the prices are a little higher there though.

williamh

not that this has anything to do with it .. but a friend of mine was looking into the same thing .. and it was a scam for his personal info ...

just be careful

dma251

The guy that contacted me was definitely no scammer. He's really looking for a deuce, maybe just one a little cheaper then mine. I feel for anybody that is subject to these lame inspections and audits.

How in the world is anyone going to get a deuce that has absolutely zero fluid weepage and meets equipment requirements for brand new cars. Hell, I doubt my 2006 Accord would pass the inspection they have. Let alone a 30+ year old military truck...

I think this is one of those deals where its just plain not worth the hassle.

rdixiemiller

You cannot sell a deuce to a Canadian. It is a known fact they are all terrorists who want to destroy the US by pushing down the White House with a surplus American deuce and a half!!!
Another set of silly rules and regulations.........

houdel

The original buyer signed an End Use Certificate which included the following requirement: "The property will not be sold or otherwise disposed of for use outside of the United States or to non-US Citizens/Nationals in the United States". Since you were not the original buyer this requirement does not apply to you, so there is no problem with you selling it to him.

Don't know what will happen when you/he tries to cross the border though. There are no US Customs export inspections (at least at any border cossings I've made). The only problem area will be the Canadian import inspection. If you/he bypass the truck inspection and use the civillian inspection booths, and (if asked) state the Deuce is a private vehicle going to a parade/display etc., you MAY be able to get into Canada without a hassle. I'm sure the inspector will recognize the Deuce as a military vehicle, but I don't know if this will create a problem. You might contact the Canadian Customs and find out what they have to say about bringing a privately owned, historical ex-miltary vehicle into Canada.

The easiest out for you is to sell it to him in the US and let him worry about getting it into Canada.

Maybe we can get the U.N. to come up with a deuce for oil swap...since our guys are now getting shot at in afganistan,we need to update our fleet!
It just has to be strong enough to fend off the occasional axe wielding afgan... :)

Steamynachos

Being from Canada I looked into this as of lately. Yes you can bring mil. vehicles into Canada no problem be it a tank or Apc or Truck. The Canadian govt doesnt care about it being ex military or any thing like that as long as it passes your provincial safety inspection and it does'nt even need that if its brought in as a historical vehicle. Now the BAD stuff the US. needs a export permit just like any other vehicle but with that new no military Vehicle ownership law possibly comming out it would be a big no no. If the buyer was serious all he would have to do is contact the US. State dept. and get the paper work rolling. and organize shipping. There are a few Deuces here all from the US. most sell for over $10000 CND and are not in that great of shape. The only trucks Canada got rid of to the public is the old M135 Deuse and a hand full of M813A1 with Hiab Knucle booms which was a unit mod. the rest have been cut up blode up or put in museums :x

dma251

Well, like I said, I think he's gonna try to find something else - so it's really a non-issue anyway. I was mainly just curious if I should have any other inquiries from Canada. As far as I am concerned it's not my problem how it gets there. That's the buyers deal.
Thanks for the heads up. I hate the idea of selling this truck - maybe I'll just keep it!

carguy455

Oh Canada.......ohhhhhhhh....

I live in Maine not all that far from Canada [ about 95 miles ] and I have had occasion to buy and sell autos with Canadians....I had a Merc I bought from a Canadian friend sit at the border while they fiddle farted around with rules and regs for 2 MONTHS !! By way of comparison I sold an MG to the same guy and he whistled into Canada with it no problemo....I think its all in the preparing / up front work. He dealt with the Merc issue so other than having my cash tied up it wasnt too big a hassle, worked out in the end. Sometimes it pays to ask permission from beurocracies, other times its better to beg forgivness after the fact !! :)

Canadian Bacon is akin to XTC !!!!!!!!! makes ya wanna wear flannel and drink Molsen...say "ay" alot.... :) :) :)

carguy455 said:
Canadian Bacon is akin to XTC !!!!!!!!! makes ya wanna wear flannel and drink Molsen...say "ay" alot.... :) :) :)

Ok, ay.
If they wear flannel ya think they watch red/green and use duct tape?

It has been awhile since I did work for a Canadian company but isn't the exchange rate about 1 1/2 to 1?

Ie: that $10,000.00 truck in Canada is $6,666.66 here.

carguy455

Polverone said:
carguy455 said:

Ok, ay.
If they wear flannel ya think they watch red/green and use duct tape?

It has been awhile since I did work for a Canadian company but isn't the exchange rate about 1 1/2 to 1?

Ie: that $10,000.00 truck in Canada is $6,666.66 here.
"666" sounds fairly evil.......since they eat all that Canadian bacon that has the XTC effect , the pretty colors on their money distracts them from the fact that it isnt worth very much !! Then they spend it all on duct tape and Molsen anyway >>>>lol :)

My friend's Canadian wife is gonna kick my A** if I show her this rant ! lol !

Steamynachos

I think you guys mean EH! yes we Canadians do say it quite a bit {you know what I mean EH!} The Exchange rate on $10000 CND TO US. is $8608.80 so not that far off really just getting parts up here is a problem because of the shipping costs on heavy items and we dont have the old truck part resources like you guys have. My friend has a M113A2 that is fully operable now you just dont go to Napa to get parts for that :wink:

carguy455

Just razzin ya a bit 'nacho !!!! I have to get almost all my parts mail order here too. I have always teased Canadians about the "rainbow money"..living in Maine its mostly Canadians here in the summer anyway !!!

EH ?? :) :)

BACON IS EVIL !!! www.killfrog.com

Homesick

rdixiemiller said:
You cannot sell a deuce to a Canadian. It is a known fact they are all terrorists who want to destroy the US by pushing down the White House with a surplus American deuce and a half!!!
Another set of silly rules and regulations.........
Is a Deuce considered a WMD?

An old thread but very informative....eh? I was really wondering about the "End Use Certificate", and how it might affect a purchase of a Deuce for a Canuck. I still might wait until ours come up in 2-3 years
Luckily our dollar isn't as weak anymore :wink:

Alredneck

Banned
Wait till late 2010 and the North American Union is formed between U.S., Canada, and Mexico, then there will be no more import export restrictions and EUC's will only apply to overseas and South America. Of course the Amero will replace the dollar both American and Canadian. So none of our stuff will be worth anything. Man but it seems like its already starting to happen!

devilman96

The original buyer signed an End Use Certificate which included the following requirement: "The property will not be sold or otherwise disposed of for use outside of the United States or to non-US Citizens/Nationals in the United States". Since you were not the original buyer this requirement does not apply to you, so there is no problem with you selling it to him.
I keep seeing these types of things come up... The answer is... No you cannot sell it overseas, regardless of how you acquired it... It is a felony, several actually... to export a MV or any MV part outside of the US, regardless of EUC, whom purchased what, etc... MV's and MV parts are listed as an Article of War... By federal law, US Export Rules and Regulations, as well as several treaties and various accords signed by the US your selling or illegally exporting arms...

In order to export any MV or MV part outside of the US you must be licensed to do so… and file the 8000 pages of mind boggling, pointless paperwork to accompany it over the border…

Wait till late 2010 and the North American Union is formed between U.S., Canada, and Mexico, then there will be no more import export restrictions and EUC's will only apply to overseas and South America. Of course the Amero will replace the dollar both American and Canadian. So none of our stuff will be worth anything. Man but it seems like its already starting to happen!
Yep I agree… All except for the part about it “starting”… Our sovereignty is already sold out… The United States of America is now only a name... on the other hand... Welcome to the North American Union!