• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know someone to do mechanic work/diagnosis on a deuce in Oklahoma?

trider

Ok I will paint that part of the radiator when the weather warms up. Am I safe to get under it and power wash all that crude off without hurting anything?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of what you want cleaned looks to be inside the engine compartment unless you just want to get under it.

I don't think I would use a pressure washer unless it had a wide spray nozzle to keep from cutting into things. Spray degreaser on it first and let it sit a little while.

trider

Ok I will put a spray nozzle on the water hose to rinse the degreaser off but will have to wait until it gets above freezing before I go play in the water.

Cleptomaniac

If it is the fuel line everyone is talking about I have a spare. I had that one start leaking on me and had a local hose place make a couple for such a time as this...
If your in OKC and need it let me know.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like the fuel return line on the IP...the pattern fits that area of the return line, and the line is empty of any returning fuel. They are known to become brittle over time & crack/break.

Like everyone else said, fire her up & have a look-see...that will show where it's coming from.

trider

I am going to try and find the leak tomorrow. Cleptomaniac if it turns out to be that line I may hit you up. Can anyone tell if the leak I took a picture of under the winch is what appears to be the drain plug on the winch? I am hoping that is an easy fix to stop that drip.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is the plastic line leaking, usually tighten it only make it leak worse.

It will require replacement and use of a tube insert.

DOT air line works well as replacement fuel line.

This has been covered many times.

trider

IMG_1111.jpg

I got it a lot cleaner under the truck today. I found two fuel leaks. The two connections shown above are leaking a steady drip while the truck is running. I tried tightening the connections but was unable to get them any tighter. What is the best way to fix this? Should I but a new t connection and both lines that run that attach to it? The lines do not appear to be leaking but I assume its only a matter of time. Let me know what you all think.

welldigger

Your better off bypassing the fuel density compensator. Do a search on the site. That has been covered numerous times. While your at it check your engine oil. The FDC can leak fuel into the engine oil.

trider

So I'm learning as I go. This may be a stupid question but can someone tell me what the lines are coming from and what they are going to so I have a better understanding of what I am looking at?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to use new line, brass ferrules and brass inserts. The brass fitting and hex head portion are reusable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks