• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know the allen wrench size for the allen head screw on the advance lever DB2

12vctd

Ok today after I got home from my orentation from work I noticed a small puddle under the truck after about a hour, traced it to the bellhousing, figured fuel was leaking from the throttle shaft or a line down the engine valley and running down. Took off airfilter got a flashlight and saw the allen head screw on the passenger side of the pump that goes thru the lever to the advance piston is unscrewed and laying in the engine valley. I need to know the size of this allen screw so I can make a special tool. its so close tot he head, that I have to shorten a wrench, and its so deep down there I have to hook vise grips to it to use it. I know it would be easier to take off the intake but I dont have the cash for new gaskets and I need to get this buttoned up before work tommorow am. "UPDATE I GOT IT BACK IN ALL IS WELL" And my leak was from one rubber hose to the fuel filter lucky for me I bought 12 foot of hose when I did the lift pump so I could replace others as needed lol.

Last edited:

CUCV85

no kidding

Ok today after I got home from my orentation from work I noticed a small puddle under the truck after about a hour, traced it to the bellhousing, figured fuel was leaking from the throttle shaft or a line down the engine valley and running down. Took off airfilter got a flashlight and saw the allen head screw on the passenger side of the pump that goes thru the lever to the advance piston is unscrewed. I need to know the size of this allen screw so I can make a special tool. its so close tot he head, that I have to shorten a wrench, and its so deep down there I have to hook vise grips to it to use it. I know it would be easier to take off the intake but I dont have the cash for new gaskets and I need to get this buttoned up before work tommorow am.
Wow, no kidding - that's different.
Hang in there help is on the way.
Sorry about your luck...

12vctd

New to me as well, never have seen one backed out like this, lol sad part is all my tools are locked up at my new job, so im having to cobble something together to get me bye.