• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone know this part and how to get it?

robkiller

I have attached 3 pics to show the part. I have circled the part in yellow on each pic. I took the pic in order so you can reference the location. 1st engine compartment 2nd closer 3rd the part close up. Its leaking oil it appears. What is it and how can i get a new one? Thanks everyone!

2013-01-04_15-53-13_55.jpg2013-01-04_15-53-20_467.jpg2013-01-04_15-53-40_413.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you look for it in the TM?

Google search the NSN you found in the TM?

Does it simply need to be resealed and tightened?

1800 Diesel

I have attached 3 pics to show the part. I have circled the part in yellow on each pic. I took the pic in order so you can reference the location. 1st engine compartment 2nd closer 3rd the part close up. Its leaking oil it appears. What is it and how can i get a new one? Thanks everyone!
I believe that's just a 90 degree elbow...see 1st pic below. The fitting on top of that is called an inverted flare 90 degree female (see 2nd pic). If the 90 is just pipe threads (NPT) then that's all you need. If it has steel tubing going into it, then you need a 90 degree elbow with an inverted flare to mate with the tubing nut. I couldn't tell if the 90 has a line coming in from the bottom also, but if it does then you have a have what's called a female branch tee (see 3rd pic). All brass stuff available from NAPA or any pipe supply wholesaler and multiple sources online.

As doghead said, you could probably just remove the connected lines (carefully & apply some spray lube first), clean them up and reinstall with thread sealant (on the NPT only) and air blow any fittings to clear out any debris that might be causing the flare fittings to not seat properly.

Also look for a possible crack on the flare area on the tubing or maybe a crack in the tubing itself.

Use a line (aka flare wrench) wrench on the tubing fittings if you have one.

Attachments

robkiller

I believe that's just a 90 degree elbow...see 1st pic below. The fitting on top of that is called an inverted flare 90 degree female (see 2nd pic). If the 90 is just pipe threads (NPT) then that's all you need. If it has steel tubing going into it, then you need a 90 degree elbow with an inverted flare to mate with the tubing nut. I couldn't tell if the 90 has a line coming in from the bottom also, but if it does then you have a have what's called a female branch tee (see 3rd pic). All brass stuff available from NAPA or any pipe supply wholesaler and multiple sources online.

As doghead said, you could probably just remove the connected lines (carefully & apply some spray lube first), clean them up and reinstall with thread sealant (on the NPT only) and air blow any fittings to clear out any debris that might be causing the flare fittings to not seat properly.

Also look for a possible crack on the flare area on the tubing or maybe a crack in the tubing itself.

That may work thanks!!

Stonepicker1

This is correct, In TM 9-6115-584-24P, fig #38, item # 30 is a modifed tee, pipe(nsn: 4730-00-165-0967)
Should be able to tighten the fittings to stop the oil leak.

robkiller

This is correct, In TM 9-6115-584-24P, fig #38, item # 30 is a modifed tee, pipe(nsn: 4730-00-165-0967)
Should be able to tighten the fittings to stop the oil leak.
So i got into that area even more and it would appear that part #31 may be bad. It looks like i have a crack in it vertically. See pics let me know what you think.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the first pic, I think I see it as cracked. Not sure.

You should be able to feel it with your fingernail.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That should be an easy trinket to get at homecheapo. If you can't find one, I might be able to help(no storms to delay delivery this time!).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks