• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know what the heck this is..?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was at our local GI store today for Mickey Mouse Boots and came across this Jerry can. The owner of the store has 2 triwalls of these. At first thought I was thinking they were a cousin of the Mermite Can, The insignia on the side kinda looks sweedish..? Serving utensils in the top.

He is offering these for cheap if I can sell the lot. I just took 1 out for a few pictures to post here knowing either WM or MKT Mike would have the skinny.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
They are German, I have 2 of them with TFK. Made for bring food to the front. They are quite Kool and I could use another 2. Last one I got was $25 at Datyon last year.

hwcurtice

Looks like something for serving soup or stew. Insulated to keep it warm between the kitchen and the lines. I'll bet you can put boiling water between the food part and the outer layer to keep food hot.

Nice looking.

Yeah, how much?

Heavy duty lunch box for someone not worried about their waistline.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for SS feedback and if I buy them all, what my price would be from the store. If the site feedback is good I will buy the lot. I would think a total of 90 cans. I am not making any promises but I am guessing 3/4 of these are in the same condition as the one pictured and the rest like NOS.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
2 please if price is right.

They weight about 24 pounds and you want to make sure they have the lid seal otherwise all the goo will come out of the serving pot. They don't hold the heat or cold as long as a mermite as there is no insulation only the dead air space or fill the space with hot water. I am in the back wearing cowboy hat.

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 please if price is right.
They weight about 24 pounds and you want to make sure they have the lid seal otherwise all the goo will come out of the serving pot. They don't hold the heat or cold as long as a mermite as there is no insulation only the dead air space or fill the space with hot water. I am in the cowboy hat.

I was thinking I would fill the gap between the inner can and the outer can with the expanding foam Great Stuff. Then cut it down an inch or so and find a suitable rubber seal, NSF approved of course.

Attachments

unaffiliated

I like them too and want one. It would go good with my German 5L Jerry can from 1959. I'll have to post pics of an item I found at an antique store years ago, long before I developed the dreaded Green Disease.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think that if you brought them to the GA Rally you would sell them pretty quick. Papa Bear is always looking for something to hide his hooch from Mama Bear in.
You know what ZOUT is thinking right...?

How many Cherries can they hold...?