• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ANYONE know what this is?

cobra

Re: interesting...

Ambulancechser said:
when i first bought my m-1010,i had a switch in exactly the same location...only they used a hi-lo light switch like you would use for hi beams on an older truck.
traced the wires,but they went no-where.

the wiring on yours is to light to directly be a cut-off for the batteries...probly going to a relay under the dash or under hood.I wonder what they were used for...thought mine was unique in this respect.must be a canadian thing.

the only thing that rings a bell,is the siren...i removed mine.can sirens be switched directly,or do they need some sort of relay?there was no switch of any kind anywhere on my truck to switch the siren...maybe thats it.
Really must be a canadian thing. in my M1010, i have a wire that goes directly to the second battery, runs to a aviation switch, then goes to directly to the siren. I still have my siren on my truck . :D

Those wires go into so many different places, it hard to keep track.

rmgill

RE: Re: interesting...

Both my Ferret Armoured Car and my Deuce have these. I like them because I can cut power to the whole truck/car and not worry about parasitic drain on the batteries.

cobra

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ANY know what this is?

amanco said:
The second photo says it all. Definitly a kill switch, looks like by the 14 or16ga wire some one hooked a light up to it or somthing. Maybe goes to a selinoid? Follow thoes wires and see where they go. They definitly go to the answer!
traced the yellow wires, one goes to the gp relay, another one goes to the back somewhere? Help! Btw i found a box of those military switches at ASU toronto.

Opie

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ANY know what this is?

In my limited experience, all the civilian ambulances I've worked with (1990's and 2000's models) have had a battery switch that turns everything off.