• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know what this wire is for?

niferous

Found a wire dangling from the frame right in front of my power steering pump on my M1009. I followed it back up and it just goes to this rubber looking point on the frame that is bolted in. Then I went top side and found this other stray wire that looks like it may have been the other part. It has a rubber or plastic connector that is unconnected. This wire goes back up behind the coolant overflow tank and I couldn't see where it went after that. Pictures are below. Does anyone know what it goes to?

Attachments

Crash_AF

I just checked my 1009 and am certain that the wire is for the brake warning light and does go to that rubber connector, but it appears that the spade terminal on the rubber connector in the second pic is missing. It is supposed to be sticking up out of that slot in the top.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks