• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know what type of Schrader valve the A/C system uses?

diesel_dave

its doing this with No r134a and no shraeder valves? Lol
Correct! That's why I never suspected that the valves weren't installed. I figured there was at least enough refrigerant to kick the compressor on. I only figured out what was going on AFTER I removed the manifold gauge connections after filling the system with r134a. That's when it all exploded right back out in my face and I figured out the valves were missing.

Action

Thanks for the help everyone. I found the type of valve core that fits. It's the small style that you can find at any auto parts store. I didn't think it was right at first because it looked like it would fall right down the hole. I carefully lowered one in and it threaded right in no problem. I ordered a manifold set and vacuum pump on Amazon just for this and I'm glad I did because I've had to vacuum it down like 6 times so far. Since I didn't know the valves were missing this whole time, it was definitely open to the atmosphere for probably years. Thankfully its been nice and dry at Yermo and it's dry here in Utah. I vacuumed it down and it set at like 25 in Hg for over 24 hours so hopefully most of the moisture is out by now. I guess I'll just run it until something blows and then go from there.
Is 25” enough vacuum to get rid of moisture? I thought it had to get to 28-29”.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks