• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ANyone know where to get an Auxillary switch panel of sorts for ancillary lights??

So, I have tried to find an auxiliary switch panel like is in Ford Superduty trucks that I can mount under the dash of my truck to service some ancillary LED lights I will be installing. Also, I plan to install a stereo in the coming weeks and will be mounting a head unit as well.
Everything I have ever seen on here looks to be custom fabricated. Can anyone recommend anything out there that is ready to mount?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was planning to contact tmg to see if they could offer the panel with their egt separately. But I'm a few months from that project.

Thought someone here used to make them, but can't remember who.

lindsey97

SS member Artisan was building some very nice hi speed low drag aux. light switch panels, using m923 style switches and warning lights. I want one of his setups really bad, I am adding off road lights to my M923A1.

SS member 98G has some Grote trilliant lights you should check out in the classifieds. I bought a few and they are bright.

I was planning to contact tmg to see if they could offer the panel with their egt separately. But I'm a few months from that project.

Thought someone here used to make them, but can't remember who.
Yeah, I seen it and thought the same thing...wish you could get it without the egt/pyro gauge and put a head unit in place.

SS member Artisan was building some very nice hi speed low drag aux. light switch panels, using m923 style switches and warning lights. I want one of his setups really bad, I am adding off road lights to my M923A1.

SS member 98G has some Grote trilliant lights you should check out in the classifieds. I bought a few and they are bright.
That would be a sweet setup using those indicator lights. I'll check out those Grote lights too.

PWM

I got this one from Artisan , it will hold two switches and indicator lights. I think he also makes a larger one, they are very good quality. This reminds me I still need to get my auxiliary lights mounted.

Attachments

Gunzy

Check with some of the wrecker/tow truck parts suppliers as the all sell switch panels and switches.

Artisan

snip
Thank you for the compliment Lindsey...

Looks like my ad in the classifieds was purged and
I need to make a new one. Till then here are some
pictures.

switch-holders.jpg switch-panel.jpg

I drew these in AutoCAD . They all get precision cut w/ a water-jet
machine, then I take them to a sheet metal shop and get them bent.
I am 5-10 and 240# and I have no issues w/ my shins hitting them at all.

The large one is fixed, but your free to put it anywhere you want,
the smaller ones you can move around, they too have some mounting
holes that fit some trucks.

The large one has one switch w/o an idiot light, (3rd from the left),
that one you would use for a light in the cab, it will be obvious that
light is on so no idiot light is needed.

You supply all the switches and
lights and wiring and of course installation.

I used a heater switch and a diode and was able to pull off a high
and low beam switch for my IR's and I powered things w/ the 2 future
hot feeds an M925A1 has. One was for dual fuel tanks for the tractors and
one was for rotating beacons for the wreckers I believe.
front5.jpg

Last edited:

Goobs

Look up my install of lights in the hot rodding forum. I think its still on the 1st page. I got my switch panel from ebay. They are rated for 10-32 v and have their own circuit breakers instead of fuses. May not be strong enough breakers if you aren't using LED lights but they work perfectly for my set up. I am 6-1 , 220 and I have no clearance issues where I mounted them right next to the CTIS box.

Goobs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks