• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone live in Vernon, Tx?

CanonNinja

While driving through the area, noticed a few heavy MVs, maybe 2 Deuces and a 5-ton, all Vietnam green with large stars on the doors. This was right off of US-287 on the south-bound side. Noticed the trucks out of the corner of my eye, so figured I'd post up and see if anyone knew about em.

texas-5-ton

I was going to tell y'all that on your way to vernon, there is a place of interest about 8 - 10 miles North of Decatur on US287, south side of road. This place had numerous m35's as well as some other MV stuff. There was also a HUGE trashed out helicopter at this joint. Looked like a foreign military bird but the trucks were definately US. Didnt see a phone number or sign on the place. I was on a train and since this wasnt my regular run, I probably wont make it back up that way for a while. Might be worth checking into.

Chad

dabtl

Re: RE: Anyone live in Vernon, Tx?

texas-5-ton said:
I was going to tell y'all that on your way to vernon, there is a place of interest about 8 - 10 miles North of Decatur on US287, south side of road. This place had numerous m35's as well as some other MV stuff. There was also a HUGE trashed out helicopter at this joint. Looked like a foreign military bird but the trucks were definately US. Didnt see a phone number or sign on the place. I was on a train and since this wasnt my regular run, I probably wont make it back up that way for a while. Might be worth checking into.

Chad
It belongs to a collector friend of Mark at Rapco. Not a commercial location.