• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone modified 2 man troop seats for 4 man vehicle?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like a dummy, I didn't even think about there being a difference when I bought them and had them shipped halfway across the country........ I see everything getting jacked up on prices and pull the trigger before I think too hard about it.

Chief_919

As far as I knwo troop seats were never made for a 4 set configuration, so to have them you will have to mod them.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

infidel got me

Like a dummy, I didn't even think about there being a difference when I bought them and had them shipped halfway across the country........ I see everything getting jacked up on prices and pull the trigger before I think too hard about it.
Don't feel bad, I have pulled the trigger a few times myself. We need to leave the safety on a little longer lol

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing made is what you see on GMV's. They did not make any form of troop seat for a 4 man set up....if it's out there, it's been mfg'd at the unit level, OMS etc...but no NSN's.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone take a look at the picture on the link. Is that a 2 man bed? If so GP messed up including that pic in the 4 man HMMWV auction.

Robus1022

Not to sidetrack but I pulled the trigger on one that has patches under the the b pillar on the rocker panel. One on each side. Does that mean my rocker is peiced together? Or is this a protective patch to avoid stress cracks?

Predator42

I am considering cutting my troop seats down to just fit on the bed portion of the 4Man soft top vs using them full length as a pickup. that would provide at least two more spots to sit. If I decide to do it I will post pics. I have the old wooden troop seats.

GMVguy

Battlefield Vegas did it with a couple of the Humvees they use to pick-up customers. Great place to visit by the way...

Predator42

I completed the first stage of my 2 man troop seat to 4 man conversion yesterday. I'm kinda digging them. used existing pieces off the left overs to get this far. I dont think I will put the bottom portions back on the "seats" because they aren't comfortable anyway. I think I will just get some padded seat bases and connect them to the fender wells. by cutting down the troop seat bows I can remove them as needed and it supports my rear cargo cover (soon to be acquired).
my HMMWV with shortened troop seats.jpg

04mustang

Not to sidetrack but I pulled the trigger on one that has patches under the the b pillar on the rocker panel. One on each side. Does that mean my rocker is peiced together? Or is this a protective patch to avoid stress cracks?
That patch is a re-enforcement panel that comes with the seat belt MWO. Its just to help keep things from moving and cracking. There's also one of the inside of the B pillar that looks like a triangle.

orgnal

I completed the first stage of my 2 man troop seat to 4 man conversion yesterday. I'm kinda digging them. used existing pieces off the left overs to get this far. I dont think I will put the bottom portions back on the "seats" because they aren't comfortable anyway. I think I will just get some padded seat bases and connect them to the fender wells. by cutting down the troop seat bows I can remove them as needed and it supports my rear cargo cover (soon to be acquired).
View attachment 593687
Nice work ! Did you by any chance document how you went about it? If you don't mind, can you outline the steps / measurements ? What did you use to cut the fiberglass pieces or was it all wood ? Did you manage to get smooth edges?

sully199

Modified troop seats in a 4 man.

here you go, this is what I did, just cut and welded it, I park the truck out front of my shop, helps with marketing my business too,
Hope this helps.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

Predator42

I measured 39" from the rear of the troop seat towards the cab and cut the bottom rail. this allows it to sit on the fender rail without hitting the seatbelt support or overlapping the "C" Pillar attachment points. I then measured the angle of the sloping top to get the troop rail to follow that line vs be totally vertical with a gap ( just an aesthetic preference) I then attached the bows and the rails to the bed and loosely tightened them down to leave room for adjustment. Once that was done I used a circular chop saw and simply gut the wood pieces I needed to finish off the front, screwed them together for now but I will drill and bolt them later. I used a self tapping screw to attach the wood to the metal rail along the bottom. seems pretty solid but I will want to reinforce it with bolts. I will add some more photos later when I get the chance. I havent needed to weld anything. I may cut off the hinge bracket entirely for the bottom where the seat portion attached and smooth it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks