• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone near Autaugaville, AL? Need recon.

man2112

The Alabama forestry commission apparently has a huge yard of military vehicles . LMTVs, MTVs, CUCVs, M915A1s, and Oshkosh tankers. Anyone in the area that can go and take a look at these trucks and see if any of them are any good? In particular, the LMTVs and MTVs? Many of therm have flat tires, but I'd be curious if any actually can start up and run.

They look like they've been sitting since the commission received them, so I'm sure all of their batteries are dead and would need a jump to test.

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaAKM

That is a sad lot of trucks that have been sitting for quite some time. Too bad they just let them sit untended for so long, I will pass even completing the tour as it is quite disheartening to look @.

man2112

Yeah, they look sad. It looks like they were never used after being transferred. I'm assuming that they ran fine when transferred, which lends me to believe that they would be easy to get running again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks