• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone need a 114" serpentine belt?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had bought a replacement belt last year and was going to replace it yesterday. After removing the old one, I realized my original was 98' not the 114" one I had bought. So if anyone with the 114" truck needs a new Dayco belt, I'd love to swap you mine for a 98" one.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If someone has a HMMWV that needs a 114" belt, what are the odds that they bought a 98" belt by accident?
Probably low but if someone was going to order a long one they could order a shorter, cheaper 98" one and have it shipped to me after I sent them mine.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had bought a replacement belt last year and was going to replace it yesterday. After removing the old one, I realized my original was 98' not the 114" one I had bought. So if anyone with the 114" truck needs a new Dayco belt, I'd love to swap you mine for a 98" one.
Your title to this thread makes it look like you're giving something away.

My suggestion is either donate it, or list it on the classifieds.

(Just a friendly comment...My rig uses V-belts)

Best,

T

Last edited:

Buto

I need 114” belt. I’ll buy

Buto

I need I’ll buy call 706-412-9365

ardalan

Newby here, i have a my m1123 did not have a belt on it when I received it, water-pump (rusted shut) I did replace it but the belt that was in the cab loose is 110" it seems too short and the only way to fit "barely is by passing the passenger side idler/tensioner pully ?
m1123 has AC, been searching the forum, what size belt do i need ? guessing 1145" be too long ?
i matched the dayco belt , to a gates -8pk2800
thanks in advance

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Newby here, i have a my m1123 did not have a belt on it when I received it, water-pump (rusted shut) I did replace it but the belt that was in the cab loose is 110" it seems too short and the only way to fit "barely is by passing the passenger side idler/tensioner pulley ?
m1123 has AC, been searching the forum, what size belt do i need ? guessing 1145" be too long ?
i matched the dayco belt , to a gates -8pk2800
thanks in advance

Does your engine have the extra idler pulley between the generator and the power steering pump? If so, that would explain the 110.2" belt being much too short. If only slightly too short the actual belt for with the red dot aircon compressor is 110.75" long, so half an inch longer.

hmmwv serpentine belts.png

ardalan

Does your engine have the extra idler pulley between the generator and the power steering pump? If so, that would explain the 110.2" belt being much too short. If only slightly too short the actual belt for with the red dot aircon compressor is 110.75" long, so half an inch longer.

View attachment 848652
Thanks Coug for your help, once i get this sorted out I can start it up and see what else is going on,
it looks like I do have an extra pulley, if I bypass the pulley next to or closer to aircon compressor it will not rub on the tensioner, if not it will.
do you happen to have a part # for the correct belt ?
cheers

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ardalan

Hard to see in your picture, but I can't tell if you have the extra pulley down there between the alternator/generator and the power steering pump. Your power steering reservoir should be up on top of the engine if you do.

If so, below is the link to the belt for the newer style setup with the Red Dot aircon installed.

i tried a longer belt 112 3/4 inches from Napa Auto, it's too long, i will order the this one and see, total there are 3 pulleys

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My setup looks a lot like yours except I don't have AC but I do have a blank pulley in it's place. Mine takes the 98 inch belt which a Dayco 5080980 works perfectly and is less than $15.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i tried a longer belt 112 3/4 inches from Napa Auto, it's too long, i will order the this one and see, total there are 3 pulleys
if 112 is too long, then the one I linked from HPG will be much too long. It's in the 126 inch range if I remember correctly. Either that or you are somehow routing it incorrectly.

See if you can find a cross to the K081102 from my thread, as it's 110 3/4" long.

Can you take a picture from another angle showing the front of the power steering pump and alternator pulleys?

ardalan

if 112 is too long, then the one I linked from HPG will be much too long. It's in the 126 inch range if I remember correctly. Either that or you are somehow routing it incorrectly.

See if you can find a cross to the K081102 from my thread, as it's 110 3/4" long.

Can you take a picture from another angle showing the front of the power steering pump and alternator pulleys?
thanks Coug, from what I am reading the belt you mentioned might work, 110 13/16" should fit, found it at oreillyauto, the 110 " belt i tried is just a tad short, it I bypass the passenger side pulley , it fits. Hopefully these pics are bit better.
regards and appreciate the advice.

Attachments

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I do not have that belt set-up... so this could be way out in left field. (likely) Don't serpentine belts like to ride in the groves of the pulleys?? The forth picture has me confused.

About to learn something, CAMO

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That belt is not on right. It’s not touching the pulley with the ribs on it. I don’t have ac but I think yours should be routed the same way and probably a 112” beltE5327219-9478-4F3B-ABF9-DD4AABE9BB06.jpegBCA3448D-E148-47DC-940B-220EAD646515.jpeg

ardalan

I do not have that belt set-up... so this could be way out in left field. (likely) Don't serpentine belts like to ride in the groves of the pulleys?? The forth picture has me confused.

About to learn something, CAMO
yeah, the belt thats on is a dayco 110" belt and too short if I don't bypass that pulley it will catch on the tensioner, looking for a belt slightly longer that 110", hoping a 110 13/16 " belt will work.
thanks for checking

Action

Get a flexible tape measure from walmart or craft store. Have someone hold tensioner about midway, and you wrap the tape around the pulleys in correct route. See what the length is. It may not be exact but it will be very close b

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks