• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone notice a chance with the recent GL mep-831a auctions?

seek

Specifically I noticed that the descriptions could start out correct and in short order before auction time the descriptions would now be confusing and not clear. It seems and I am guessing that some of those were gems and someone wants to make that aspect iffy.

To add insult to injury that have put minimum bids on 831s. The larger ones yes but these?

If someone is changing those description for personal benefit I hope it stops. We don't have much to go on to start with.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got any money in the game or just out taking crap shots
I've bought my fair share off GL and going back at least 8 Years their descriptions are generally meaningless , pictures often are not of the unit you are buying ( GL loves file photos ) . There are thousands of posts in 6 years I have been on SS about inspecting to get what you expect . Minimum bids is good business practice the minimum bids have bounced up and down on GL over the years , they are in business to make money .

This is were the tin hat comes in ;
quote ;**. It seems and I am guessing that some of those were gems and someone wants to make that aspect iffy.}
{If someone is changing those description for personal benefit I hope it stops. We don't have much to go on to start with.}

seek

Craps shots it is then.

I incite people it seems. I made a factual statement about the recent description. I have seen it in two auctions. If your experience and insight from years of experience reflect a historical tone. I have previewed and watched and I have had an entirely different experience. The items were what was photographed and I choose to preview things that had a description I had confidence in. It might be the type buyer I am. Moneyed researched and determined and able to make long trips to buy what I desire. If my observation was meanless keep on trucking friend no reason to ridicule me.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Craps shots it is then.

I incite people it seems. I made a factual statement about the recent description. I have seen it in two auctions. If your experience and insight from years of experience reflect a historical tone. I have previewed and watched and I have had an entirely different experience. The items were what was photographed and I choose to preview things that had a description I had confidence in. It might be the type buyer I am. Moneyed researched and determined and able to make long trips to buy what I desire. If my observation was meanless keep on trucking friend no reason to ridicule me.
It appears your the one taking crap shots . You start a thread on a conspiracy theory of GL fixing auctions . Then claim factual statements about it , maybe you should have included that you previewed and things changed and report your "facts" of this conspiracy to the DLA for a investigation .

seek

I see you miss interpreted the very clear post I made. And failed to take into account the fact I asked if others had noticed the same thing. I understand perfectly now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks