• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone out there have the 3503 (5th gear OD)?

tm america

i'm not calling them i dont have 5grand for a stock 3053a .i'm just thinking it would be better and probably cheaper to make a different set of input gears to go with bigger tires then it is to change the ratios in the rear end .not to mention the gear chances for the diffs are going the wrong way for bigger tires. they are made for light rigs running bigger power.i would like to come up with something beween the 3053 and 3052 and still keep od even if it wasnt as steep of a od .that way you could have more drivabilty at lower speeds and still gain just a little top speed .more less making a trans to match the mf power curve with 46-47 inch tall tires since there are so many guys running this combo .i know i'm not the only one encountering this problem

tm america

i rebuild transmissions for a living and we have a full machine shop wear i work to .we are a distibutor for coan and i have a cousin that is a machinist so is we come up with something that is worth making i can have coan make the first set of gears and save the cnc program so my cousin can make the rest alot cheaper and there is a place we deal with by my job that can take care of the hardening for me