• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone own or built the jack support for the Front End Loader Removal ?

peakbagger

I decided the loader is coming off for my brake issue diagnosis as the loader frame really impacts access under the hood. I have a bare side crank screw jack coming and the spot the jack needs to plug into is pretty obvious but I will need to weld up an adaptor between the jack body and the jacking point. Anyone have any pictures of their rigs?.

When I had the major electrical project years ago to fix rat damage, I did plenty of crawling up over and around that frame but decided that I really do not want to do it again. I am also looking at a future garage design for a new house and the SEE takes up a lot less space with the loader removed. The loader can stay outside while the rest can go inside.

I have read of past struggles getting the loader frame off the mounts so I expect a fair share of penetrant and occasional heating with a torch to make things interesting. That is another reason to build a jack instead of rigging something up is I expect a lot of banging and hopefully not a lot of crashing goes with the removal and subsequent replacement.

I will wait until the major fabrication is done to decide if I extend the crank handle off to the outside of the loader frame to avoid getting in the line of fire.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted photos of my simple home made stand in the owners thread some time ago.

With some luck I'll remember to take a photo of it, as I saw it in the shed the other day.