• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone paint their aluminum radiator?

tobyS

His spec said galvanized...what would be galvanized? Is there an aluminum galvanizing process?

Last edited:

tobyS

"Surface Finish Galvanized For Corrosion Protection."

His specs say galvanized twice. Galvanizing I know of has to be applied to magnetic metal, not aluminum.

MarcusOReallyus

That's got to be an error. Nobody galvanizes aluminum. Those two metals don't like each other much. There are worse combinations, for sure, but still, that would not be a good thing.

Warren Lovell

8CB5622E-B390-44AF-A1EB-CBE86807E4D1.jpg

Radiator did not have a fitting for the coolant level sensor so I drilled and tapped a plug. 1/8 - 27 tap. Said 5/16" drill, but the bottom of sensor would not fit so drilled one size up. Not an issue since it is a taper tap. Plenty of clearance in radiator for sensor.

Last edited:

Dutch88

What did you do on the passengers side top mount? Did the cap interference with it? I have the same KKS radiator and the top mount isn’t even close because the cap. If I put the stock mount on it would literally cover 3/4 of the cap and the mount wouldn’t even bolt down lol

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks