• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone Parting Out a CUCV?

AZDeuce

I've been fighting electrcal gremlins for 3 months on my M1009. Today I think I found the culprit. there is a big plug that screws into the rear of the fuse box underneath the master cylinder, I removed it today, to find it had melted. The heat was so intense two of the brass contacts were melted also!

So I am in dire need of a fuse box, and that plug that goes into the fuse box from the engine harness. I would need at least 6-8 inches of ALL the wires coming out of the fuse block, and the connector on the engine side of the firewall.

My hope is to simply cut my bad ones out, and graft the new ones in, using the colored wires as my guide.

If I have to buy the entire wiring harness I will do that, if the price is reasonable, but if you could just cut the wires 6-8".past the plug and the box that would be better, and easier to ship.

If you have what I need PM me with what you have and a price, and I will get back with you.

Or.....if you know of a yard with "junk" CUCVs I'd appreciate their contact info.

Thanks in advance!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just happen to have a parts truck that I was working on today. The engine compartment harness was cut off near the firewall.I'll send pictures tomorrow.

HAWKMAN

I've been fighting electrcal gremlins for 3 months on my M1009. Today I think I found the culprit. there is a big plug that screws into the rear of the fuse box underneath the master cylinder, I removed it today, to find it had melted. The heat was so intense two of the brass contacts were melted also!

So I am in dire need of a fuse box, and that plug that goes into the fuse box from the engine harness. I would need at least 6-8 inches of ALL the wires coming out of the fuse block, and the connector on the engine side of the firewall.

My hope is to simply cut my bad ones out, and graft the new ones in, using the colored wires as my guide.

If I have to buy the entire wiring harness I will do that, if the price is reasonable, but if you could just cut the wires 6-8".past the plug and the box that would be better, and easier to ship.

If you have what I need PM me with what you have and a price, and I will get back with you.

Or.....if you know of a yard with "junk" CUCVs I'd appreciate their contact info.

Thanks in advance!
I've got a dash harness w/panel,,,$25.00 PM me a ship too address for ship quote..also, just a thought...if you can save as many wires without cutting and splicing them as you can you'll be looking at less electrical gremilins down the road.2cents

AZDeuce

Hey Hawkman, by dash harness w/panel what panel are you refering to......the dash gage panel, or the fuse box?

Warthog, how long are the wires coming out of the firewall side of the fuse box? Long enough to crimp my wires to the new plug? and what about the wires on the fuse box side?

Thanks

PS I'm at work, and probably won't get to respond back until tonight........but I WIIL respond!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks