• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone pick up one of the M1081s from Ft. Dix?

blozup

I don't believe this violates the rules, the auctions are over. Just wondering if anyone from here got one of the 3 M1081 w/w from GP in Ft. Dix, NJ. Two runners and a non-runner. I went for the wrong runner, apparently! First one that didn't drive at all went for a steal, second one that had no reverse but a worn-out looking WTEC 3 keypad was mighty pricey. I guess everyone else figured the keypad was probably the culprit for no reverse.

blozup

I only saw maybe a couple missing on the pan? The nice driver (with the WTEC3) had a "transmission leak" that looked clearly like hydraulic fluid from the air-hydraulic unit dripping down, but I think I'm not the only one figured that.

First two looked potentially easy to fix, last non-runner with flat tires -- I ain't got time for that and it went for more than the first one for sale that ran.

The 2 runners both looked like they had some green mildew or something all over them?