• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone preview at Camp Pendleton?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couple deuces there have my interest. Would be a pretty easy recovery to Wildomar.............

Then again, maybe not..................

I think I want a bobbed deuce - already done...........

Maybe. Sure would be fun to commute to Naval Station once in awhile in one.

I'll keep watching for a lil while longer. If I won one, I'm sure they would let a crusty old Senior Chief at least visit while the EUC clears.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How acurate are the Condition Codes usually?

Man I was sick all day yesterday and today I'm stuck in the vanpool. Now I'm kicking myself for not driving in so I could cut out early and go check the trucks out before dropping a bid.

Then again, I'm not sure I REALLY want one. I think I do though. :)

hole

How accurate depends on the guy in charge at that GL site , some are more thorough than others. That said ,I havent had any dealings down there, so I dont know. If the price is right get it . Its not that far to tow " if " it doesnt run . Most run , some just need a massage to loosen them up. Dead batteries are common, low air in tires, check fluids ( Especially Brake Fluid) etc. Theres a few guys down your way that might be able to help if need be . Good luck !!:grd::beer:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How accurate depends on the guy in charge at that GL site , some are more thorough than others. That said ,I havent had any dealings down there, so I dont know. If the price is right get it . Its not that far to tow " if " it doesnt run . Most run , some just need a massage to loosen them up. Dead batteries are common, low air in tires, check fluids ( Especially Brake Fluid) etc. Theres a few guys down your way that might be able to help if need be . Good luck !!:grd::beer:
If it runs it's about 30 miles to my house (I could cross the weapons station). If it needs a tow, it would be longer since I would have to get it around the weapons station to the 15.

Man, I haven't even ever sat in one, let alone driven one. How crazy is it to buy one via 3 pics on the net? LOL!

hole

A preview is always best. If the truck looks to be all there complete and price is right I'd go for it. Worst case you tow it home and fix it if its easy enough or part it out. ( I could use a winch :-D)

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to try calling up there later and get some info. I'm guessing that's probably not the best way, but I'm hoping since I'm an active duty guy (senior chief/E8) and used to be stationed there, I can leverage some usefull info. If not, I might try to get ahold of a duty van and sneak up there at lunch.

At what point does one usually inform the wife? :) After it's paid for or when it's in the driveway?

Last edited:

hole

Weather you get it or not your more than welcome to join us for our bi annuall camp out . We get together in the spring and the fall out in the desert for a few days, Its a blast!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weather you get it or not your more than welcome to join us for our bi annuall camp out . We get together in the spring and the fall out in the desert for a few days, Its a blast!
Great! If nothing else, I'll tow my big, ugly M105 out there.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not yet. I called up there and talked to Travis who said they brought them in on a flatbed. Without a preview and without ever even sitting in one before I backed off.

My current plan is to go see 100DollarMan and try to figure out what I want. Maybe for the 2nd or 3rd deuce I'll go GL.

hole

100dollarman has some nice trucks, he'll do ya right ! He will also be in attendance at our spring get together at Camp Dirtbag :wink:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
His place is fairly close, he looks to have a decent selection so that should help me get an idea of what I want.

So far I'm thinking fairly clean, probably hardtop, winch, bobbed, super singles, but no huge lift. Probably dont need heat, but wouldnt turn it down.

Anything else I might "need"?

I know I don't need a show truck or a 100 point show queen. Just something I wouuld feel safe putting the wife and kid in and driving up to 100 or miles in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks