• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone Recognize this antenna?

CUCV_Fan

I hope a commo geek can recognize this antenna It looked very VHFish and thats what im running so I hope that someone can confirm. Many thanks for your time as always!..

BL

Attachments

CUCV_Fan

Ahh cool I believe those are VHF I am just not sure what the mhz range is I think its low band thanks for the reply..

BL

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Off topic post, but meant with the best of intentions...FYI...there is already a CUCVFAN on this list. While your screen name is slightly different, my reco is to change your name...or deal with guys contacting you by mistake.

CUCV_Fan

Thanks for the info BK I havent had a stray pm or anything in 2 years.. and this antenna is going on my CUCV I just wanted to know what it was for. I did not see a commo area so if I posted out of line I apologize.

BL

M813A1

The only problem is that the MS -3916 is non tunable it is automatically tuned because it is a broadbanded antenna. The best setup I think for a CB with Military antenna is the AB-15 antenna base with the MS-116, MS-117 , MS-118 anenna sections with an overall length of 110" including the base . It i tunable andeasy to setup and tune. And it keeps the militray look of your vehicle

Last edited:

pad_cdr

I have several of these, and have not gotten around to figuring out what they are yet -- thanks all for posting and answering. Anyone have an idea what they are worth, ballpark?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is how one looks on an M1009. I get almost the same radio range with that antenna as with the big one.
The mount has since been fitted with a brush guard (which helps when you run into the thing with your shoulder!)

Cheers

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info BK I havent had a stray pm or anything in 2 years.. and this antenna is going on my CUCV I just wanted to know what it was for. I did not see a commo area so if I posted out of line I apologize.

BL
I think your post was right on point! I meant no offense. All good. I think the others have it right. I bought the same set up...or at least really close at Aberdeen last year for my M928A2 with antenna mount.

19CUCV85

By the way, I meant that MY original post was off topic, not yours. You were right on point.
no worries brother even got me a sparkly new forum name too :D it's all good and this is a great thread thanks all for the input guys I just finished having the 4inch lift put in and still have some more work to do on brakes, tires etc so when its done I will definately post a pic im very excited Rory rgr that on the brush guards just ordered 2 from ebay :) your rig looks great. embarassed there is a commo section deep down the list so my bad.

BL

:beer:

CUCV_Fan

NiCe Rory Can not wait until mine gets here I also ordered 2 brush guards LOL

I have a new forum account coming so that I am not confused with another user here Patracy fixed this last night but really it is still confusing for the other member. There is a post in a moderation Queue with simular content but didnt want to leave anyone hanging.. the new name is 19CUCV85 hope that dosnt mess anyone up. I guess they have to approve it or something.. Again thanks everyone for the info ect. I knew it would look good on it and am glad someone could gimme a glimpse to the future..

BL :beer:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll like it.
And the brush guards! The "un-guarded" mount can give you quite a memorable poke in the arm when you get out and run into it. Particularly when you do it several times....:mad:

I added a picture of the guard in place. You can mount the bush guard two ways, I find it fits better with the "M1009" arrow pointed down, and that's the way most others seem to be mounted, including those I looked at on Ft Hood. Choice is yours though.

Cheers

PS- I just looked at the instruction sheet, it says I mounted mine upside down (so did a bunch of others :)) but I still prefer it that way up, and it's MY truck, so.... But if you want to be correct according to the instructions, you might want to stick it the other way up.
I can post a pic of the instruction sheet if you need it. I don't think it comes with just the guard? It does come in the kit for the entire antenna mount. May have to PM it to you though, the pictures get really small when posted in the forum, might not be readable.

Attachments

Last edited:

19CUCV85

true enough I have already experianced the "poke" which was typically followed by some "adult language" :D :D

BL

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes indeed!

I added a picture of the guard in place. I haven't painted it to match the vehicle yet, might not since they seem to be left that way quite a bit.

Cheers