• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone recommend a shipping co or person for transport

Well looking at a nice 5ton but its in sc and i'm in texas. Anyone here use a shipping co thats reasonably priced or know someone who does pick ups? lmk thnx

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunatly I do not. I never have had anything shipped. I used to have a tractor and would haul my own stuff but I sold it not too long ago. You could try U ship, but I have heard bad things and good things about shippers there. Can the truck be driven? I might be willing to go over it with a fine tooth comb and drive it out to you in Novemeber, for the cost of the fuel, lodging, and a ride home. I have never been to Texas. Is it a m900 series? Or an older 5ton?

Or as wheelspinner said, ask 73m819, he is retired and could probably do it sooner.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly I do not. I never have had anything shipped. I used to have a tractor and would haul my own stuff but I sold it not too long ago. You could try U ship, but I have heard bad things and good things about shippers there. Can the truck be driven? I might be willing to go over it with a fine tooth comb and drive it out to you in Novemeber, for the cost of the fuel, lodging, and a ride home. I have never been to Texas. Is it a m900 series? Or an older 5ton?

Or as wheelspinner said, ask 73m819, he is retired and could probably do it sooner.
its a m923-0 with a rebuild in 09 runs drives fine according to the seller. i pmed 73m819 as well. Trying to see if its even feasible to bid on it if the cost to get it ehre is too much i'll probably have to pass.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
call me even though I said this evening in the return pm, I see your here, 703-389-6705

kfrosty

Shipping you're probably going to be somewhere between $2 & $3 a mile if it requires an RGN. Cheaper if they have a dock to load it on a step deck. (Verify the height and it won't be over 13'6" tall on the step.) Then where it's going you'll need a dock or possibly find somebody that has ramps if you do go with a step deck.

Call Kris from Big Sky Carriers out of Missoula, Mt. Also, it will also depend the place it's loading. I haven't dealt with them in many years but they used to be pretty good. (They're brokers)

Make sure you know if where it would load. If a business where they can load pretty much anytime will be cheaper loading at a military base with inspections and back ground checks etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks