• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone regret adding or removing muffler after a turbo?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those that have added a turbo and left it straight piped do you have any regrets about the noise level or is it not too bad?

For those that have added a turbo and left a muffler on it do you think it's too quiet?

I'm mainly concerned about 809 trucks with the stack beside the windshield but I'd like to hear all opinions 🙂

charlesmann

I just replaced my muffler with a straight pipe on my 936A2 and only at idle, can i tell a difference. When throttled, i only hear the engine, even when im operating the crane, which is closer to the stack than on the 809 series.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just replaced my muffler with a straight pipe on my 936A2 and only at idle, can i tell a difference. When throttled, i only hear the engine, even when im operating the crane, which is closer to the stack than on the 809 series.
Where did you get a straight pipe? Thanks!

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here in Washington state unmuffled jake brakes are no bueno but the big rigs don't pay much attention to those kinda rules so that wouldn't be a deal breaker on going straight pipe for me either.

Crf450x

I put a turbo on my m923 with 5” exhaust and 6” stack. If I was driving it to work every day I’d put a muffler on it. But for the way I use it, it’s perfect and sounds great.

I pulled the muffler off before I had a turbo and put it back on after one drive. That was absolutely obnoxious.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For now I only drive my truck for fun and maybe put on 200 miles in a year. I wear H-161 headsets while I'm driving so that would seal out a lot of noise.

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a turbo on my m923 with 5” exhaust and 6” stack. If I was driving it to work every day I’d put a muffler on it. But for the way I use it, it’s perfect and sounds great.

I pulled the muffler off before I had a turbo and put it back on after one drive. That was absolutely obnoxious.
any pictures of your exhaust from manifold to stack?

Chief Gantt

Late to the talk, I’m in the process of running my exhaust behind the cab, Did the same on my bobbed duece and with the sound behind you it’s not too bad t all. Will post when I get done with my 818

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks