• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone running 40” tires?

CharlieB

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curious what your set up is (stock, leveling springs, body lift) and most importantly where your overall height or the truck ended up to top of B pillar?

Considering doing same but getting close to garage door header!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as your springs are good, then 40" tires fir with no modification.
Not really any size difference between 40" tires and 37" tires running snow chains.

If all you do is tires, you're talking less than 2" difference in overall height

Interco makes a 39.5" tire for 16.5" rim specifically because of the H1 market, and there is no real difference between the HMMWV and H1 when it comes to that part of the truck.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of friends are running 40' s on standard suspension with no issues. One of them is running Mickey Thompson tires and it rubs a little inside the wheel well, his truck was not armored (don't remember his model) the other trucks are heavy armored and i believe that makes a difference. They claim to gain 5-7 MPH.
I am thinking about going 40 as well and keeping my 37ts for my 1151A1, only reason is my 1123 is lifted 2" due to the turbo and i like the closer to tires look than the lifted look, but the tires are pricey for a test, all i find are MT's and i am afraid they will be too noisy. I am running Toyo's open country AT and they have been super in every aspect.

HUMMER H1

40s on the H1
Never ever again, it ruined the sharp movements of the truck, larger softer side wall made the truck feel like a boat.
It decreased trucks acceleration,
And definitely negatively affected braking distance.
IMG_3349.jpegIMG_3051.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks